SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assist individuals from St. Patrick’s Center programs with obtaining and retaining employment. Assist with identifying and overcoming social, supportive, educational barriers to accessing employment. This position will be responsible for regular case management duties as related to employment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assists clients with creating short and long term employment goals utilizing background information and work experiences.
• Assists clients with creating resumes for employment
• Assists clients with career development including finding jobs that leads to career paths.
• Supports clients making employer contacts by learning more about a variety of career industries, providing assistance with applying for jobs, accessing computers and internet, setting up interviews with potential employers, training and educational opportunities available in the community.
• Provides outreach services as necessary to client when they miss appointments or appear to disengage in services. Use a variety of methods to discover interference with employment goals.
• Provide retention follow ups with clients for 6 months after employment
• Teaching job readiness to clients.
• Assessing transportation needs
• Meeting with clients on a weekly basis until employed
DATA ENTRY & TRACKING
• Maintains detailed records of client services/expenditures and closely monitors expenditures to prevent over or under spending of funds.
• Maintains and updates all required documentation in client paper and electronic files within 24 hour time frame.
• Complies with HIPAA regulations.
ST. PATRICK CENTER & COMMUNITY RELATIONS
• Fosters strong working relationships with community based organizations and partner agencies. Provides consistent communication with other organizations and partner agencies to ensure coordination of services. Maintains database of current and potential community partners.
• Participates in team meetings and communicates individually with team members between meetings in order to coordinate services and generate ideas to help clients achieve their employment and housing goals.
• Place 25% of people enrolled in program.
• 50% will increase income.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in human services, counseling, social work or related field.
• Prior experience working with socially/economically disadvantaged persons and assisting with job placement and development activities preferred.
• Working knowledge of motivational interviewing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry experience.
• Reliable vehicle, insurance and class E license required.
SKILLS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED:
• Works ethically with integrity; treats people with dignity and respect; maintains confidential information; ability to work with a diverse population, to collaborate with colleagues, volunteers, and community providers while demonstrating the philosophy and values of St. Patrick Center.
• Exhibits excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set strong personal boundaries. Keeps SSVF team and others adequately informed regarding client relations. Values and contributes to team building.
• Reports to the manager of Workforce Development; works with all staff at St. Patrick Center; serves clients with employment search; assists employers with job needs; networks and establishes working relationships with federal, state and local agencies.
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.