SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assist in implementing the daily care of all clients/residents in compliance with treatment and program goals. Greeting and assisting clients, visitors, and staff, to include tours and initial information regarding the different programs. Direct phone calls in a timely and professional manner, as well as perform of clinical duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain a positive relationship with each client
• Be familiar with each client’s diagnosis, medications and history in order to assist in the implementation of each client’s treatment goals
• Assist in creating a comfortable home-like atmosphere for residents
• Treat each resident with respect, keeping good professional boundaries
• Train and supervise residents doing assigned daily chore and chart performance
• Prepare, serve and properly store meals meeting licensure standards
• Report behavioral/physical changes, problems, an or concerns regarding residents to Social Worker and respond/intervene as needed in a therapeutic manner
• Assist in meeting licensure requirements of a Group home facility as required
• Complete all daily documentation of each intervention with residents.
• Greet visitors, clients, and staff in a prompt and professional manner
• Direct incoming calls in a timely and professional manner at the Front desk
• Maintain visitor and client logs at the Front desk
• Retrieve and distribute incoming mail as needed to clients
• Observe front desk monitor screens for unusual activities such as theft, intrusion, unwelcomed visitors.
• Report unusual activities to 911, supervisor, and any other necessary entities.
• Communicate regularly with supervisor for performance and feedback, as well as special assignments
• Perform any and all miscellaneous tasks as required or requested by Psych Aide Supervisor, Social Worker, Staffing coordinator, and/or management
• Other miscellaneous and special projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current Med Tech Certificate before start date
• Current proof of First aid training and CPR
• Current physical/ Two-step TB screen (prior to start date)
• Basic Microsoft Office skills, required (Word, Outlook, Excel)
SKILLS AND ATTITUDE:
• Must be respectful of all individuals at all times
• Be flexible and open to change
• Understand and practice client confidentiality
• Understand and practice client/staff boundaries
• Able to coach clients/residents in an educational manner toward treatment goals
• Ability to complete appropriate documentation within licensure and facility standards.
• Participate in interdisciplinary or multi-interdisciplinary team approach
• Housing First philosophy knowledge
• Able to sit/stand for extended period of time.
• Reaching by extending hands or arms in any direction.
• Finger dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers such as using a keyboard
• Adequate and appropriate communication skills
• Ability to see within normal parameters, view monitors and listen for disturbances.
• Ability to handle physical movement and tasks as required.
• Some lifting requirements
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.