SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The floating case manager will serve as part of a four person team that supports critical needs of clients and programs in the agency. This case manager is responsible for providing direct client service on a temporary basis during times of vacancy within any agency program. This case manager will float from one program to another as assigned by the SD depending on where the need is. Direct services provided will vary by program so knowledge of St. Patrick Center programs is a plus and experience working with individuals who are homeless is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Conducts comprehensive, ongoing assessments of program participant’s mental illness, physical health, housing status and other relevant needs, where appropriate.
• Provides direct clinical services to clients on an individual and group basis in the office and in community settings, making appropriate changes in treatment plans to ensure the client’s ability to cope with internal and external stresses.
• Assists clients with creating short and long term housing and financial stability goals utilizing their strengths and preferences as a foundation on which to build goals.
• Refers clients to appropriate community agencies, assisting clients when needed.
• Acts as liaison and consults with community agencies and program clients to maintain coordination in the treatment process
• Develops a housing stability plan with all clients that include input from other treatment providers, family members and community supports as applicable. Update plan monthly at minimum.
• Assists clients with financial stability, including but not limited to obtaining employment, and/or government benefits.
• Provides outreach services as necessary to client when they miss appointments or appear to disengage in services. Use a variety of methods to discover interference with housing stability.
• Creates budget plan with all clients, updating plan when housed as necessary due to changes in income and/or expenses.
• Reviews and/or prepares check requests and gathers supporting documentation for client support services.
• Makes in-home visits to observe indicators of the client’s progress, assess risk and coach clients in learning the skills for problem solving, crisis planning and long range planning.
• Provides retention follow ups with clients for 6 months after program exit.
• Make appropriate referrals to SPC programs and community service providers as needed. Utilize and coordinate housing efforts with case managers and other staff at St. Patrick Center and in the community.
• Special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Data Entry and Tracking
• Maintains detailed records of client services/expenditures and closely monitors expenditures to prevent over or under spending of funds.
• Maintains and updates all required documentation in client paper and electronic files. Files and completes daily paperwork tasks as needed.
• Accurately enters all client activities and provided services in Caseworthy and HMIS client tracking systems within 1 business day of activity or service.
• Complies with HIPAA regulations.
St. Patrick Center and Community Relations
• Fosters strong working relationships with community based organizations and partner agencies. Provides consistent communication with other organizations and partner agencies to ensure coordination of services. Maintains database of current and community partners.
• Participates in team meetings and communicates individually with team members between meetings in order to coordinate services and generate ideas to help clients achieve their housing goals.
• Provide staff training for new team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in human services, counseling, social work or related field, master’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience working with individuals who are homeless or socially/economically disadvantaged and assisting with housing placement and landlord development activities preferred
• Understanding of mental illness and substance use
• Experience with wrap-around services preferred
• Experience in conducting home visits
• Knowledge and understanding of area/community resources to provide appropriate referrals
• Knowledge of federal, state, and agency HIPAA policies
• Working knowledge of St. Patrick Center programs
• Experience developing collaborative treatment plans, housing stability plans, financial stability plans
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry experience
• Working knowledge of landlord-tenant laws and rights
• Reliable transportation required
SKILLS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED:
• Works ethically with integrity; treats people with dignity and respect; maintains confidential information; ability to work with a diverse population, to collaborate with colleagues, volunteers, and community providers while demonstrating the philosophy and values of St. Patrick Center.
• Exhibits excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set strong personal boundaries. Keeps team and others adequately informed regarding client relations. Values and contributes to team building.
• Flexibility and ability to work in a variety of programs for short periods of time.
• Reports to the Senior Director of Permanent Supportive Housing/Senior Director of Rapid Rehousing; works with all staff at St. Patrick Center; assists clients with treatment planning, housing and financial stability; works with landlords, networks and establishes working relationships with federal, state and local agencies.
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.