SUMMARY OF POSITION: Monitors SSVF program to ensure program contract goals are met. Trains all new SSVF program staff. Oversees typical daily work of SSVF team to ensure documentation and verification requirements are followed, assessments are accurate, homeless verification is provided, etc. Responsible for the oversight of SSVF contract, including monitoring of sub-grantee for SSVF, and assists in the completion of reports. In addition, the Manager will work with team members to coordinate case management services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Monitor SSVF program to ensure program contract goals
• Monitor SSVF sub-grantee to ensure program goals are met
• Supervise and train SSVF staff providing feedback related to performance, professional growth, opportunities for improvement, etc. Includes annual performance evaluations.
• Coordinate the purchase of supportive services (clothing, shoes, uniforms, tools, IDs, rent requests, hair cuts, stipends, etc.) by verifying ECM documentation requirements have been met, approving check requests according to Accounting requirements, and processing rent requests following established procedures.
• Compile required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Compile statistics for monthly program reports.
• Outreach veterans by networking with other Veteran service providers.
• Inform employers and community groups about the services provided at St. Patrick Center.
• Assist Employment Director with day-to-day operations in the department to ensure good customer service is provided.
• Refer clients to appropriate community agencies, assisting clients when needed
• Act as liaison and consult with community agencies and program clients to maintain coordination in the treatment process
• Collaborate with other members of the SSVF team during daily and weekly staff meetings
• Facilitate treatment planning groups, participating in setting treatment goals and plans with clients with an emphasis on facilitating personal growth and development towards recovery and wellness
• Complete daily and monthly departmental paperwork
• Maintain St. Patrick Center client tracking system (ECM) and client files, documenting client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity
• Research additional benefits available to enhance services
• Responsible for the completion of departmental goals of case management as outlined
• Assist with the coordination of agency-wide or seasonal projects such as School Supply Distribution, Thanksgiving Distribution, Christmas Distributions
• Be responsible for agency policy regarding work hours, building security and all written personnel standards
• Ensure the care model by interacting with all other St. Patrick Center programs
SSVF program staff
Knowledge & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related area, Masters in social work or counseling preferred
• Experience in program management and staff supervision
• Understanding of mental illness and substance abuse
• Experience with wrap-around services preferred
• Experience working with homeless veterans preferred
• Experience in conducting home visits
• Knowledge and understanding of area/community resources to provide appropriate referrals
• Knowledge of federal, state and agency policies of HIPPA
Skills and Attitudes:
• Good leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Counseling and crisis intervention expertise
• Self motivation
• Respect for clients and staff
• Sensitive to cultural diversity
• Able to work in a team atmosphere
• Excellent computer skills
• Report to and work with Senior Director of Rapid ReHousing
• Veteran service agencies
• Attend and participate in all appropriate St. Patrick Center meetings
Resources Accountable To:
• St. Patrick Center
• Catholic Charities
• Partner agencies
• Responsible for program management and case management
• Ensure compliance with all City, State and Federal requirements regarding program
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.