SUMMARY OF POSITION:
AS part of the CCT team, you are responsible for providing substance use counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, advocacy, and case management to program clients with serious mental health diagnoses and chemical dependency issues. This position also involves case management within a specific caseload of Rosati Center Group home clients as well.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide consultation for CCT team and Group Home regarding substance use, dependency, and addiction
• Conduct comprehensive, ongoing assessments of all program clients’ mental illness, substance use, physical health, housing status, and other relative needs
• Provide direct clinical services to all clients on an individual and group basis in the office and community settings, making appropriate changes to treatment plans to ensure the client’s abilities and resources
• Complete home visits on-site and in the community to assess client’s needs appropriately
• Refer clients to appropriate community agencies; assisting clients when needed.
• Coordination with inpatient and outpatient service providers to provide needed services to clients and establishes linkage with support networks.
• Collaborate with other members of the CCT team and Group Home SW, during daily and weekly staff meetings
• Facilitate treatment plans; participate in setting treatment goals with clients, with an emphasis in facilitating personal growth and development toward recovery and wellness.
• Attend BJC staffing meetings to discuss Group Home clients’ needs and progress
• Conduct 30, 60, and 90 day follow-ups on all program placements and document progress
• Provide on-call crisis intervention in coordination with other CCT team members, covering nighttime and weekend hours available by phone and as needed in person
• Maintain CCT client case notes in Caseworthy and all client files as needed
• Maintain Group home client case notes through DHSS documentation guidelines and all client files as needed
• Other job responsibilities and duties as assigned by Program Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Certified Substance Use Counselor
• Understanding of mental illness and substance use
• Experience in counseling and case management
• High level of confidentiality, sound judgment and discretion
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid computer skills
• Must be detail oriented, accurate and reliable
• Ability to multi task in a fast-paced team setting, in addition to the ability to work independently
• Knowledge/understanding of area/community resources, to provide appropriate referrals
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and Agency policies of HIPPA confidentiality.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good communication skills
• Well versed regarding ethical issues in substance use counseling
• Knowledge of counseling and crisis intervention skills
• Respectful to peers and clients
• Sensitive to cultural diversity
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Moderate computer skills
• Ethical/knowledge of confidentiality
• Report to Manager of Rosati Center CCT team
• Attend and participate in all appropriate SPC meetings
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.