Position Summary: Assist in the supervision and training of individuals in the Personal Support setting where they are living.
Qualifications: Minimum high school diploma; experience working with intellectual disabilities preferred; excellent driving record, clear background check.
1. Provide direct care services and training to individuals.
a) As needed, assist individuals in their activities of daily living (ADL’s) daily personal care and grooming, including care of body, hair, teeth and clothing, etc.
b) Assist individuals in the development of leisure time activities and recreation by encouraging participation in these activities or if need be, attending these activities with the individual. Leisure and recreation include activities that are done outside of what is on the Person Centered Plan (PCP). This can include but is not limited to; Special Olympics practices and competitions, meeting up with friends, gym membership and attendance, class participation, volunteering opportunities.
c) Assist with the learning of new skills; in the home and in the community. This may include but is not limited to; situational awareness, laundry completion, meal preparation, fitness class attendance.
d) Maintain a family, individual or group-type atmosphere for individuals to live in.
e) Assist individuals in maintaining contact with family and friends through use of the telephone, and/or mail.
f) Encourage individuals to share their daytime experiences with others.
2. The transportation of individuals in DSP’s personal vehicle to community events. This includes the maintenance of valid driver’s license and proper insurance at all times.
3. Maintain close contact with Program Coordinator to ensure a unified, consistent training program for supported individuals.
4. Position may require regularly lifting or supporting 50 or more pounds.
5. Be able to communicate instructions and directions to the clients in a manner that is easily understandable. This requires fluency in speaking the primary language of the clients.
6. Demonstrate a willingness to perform essential job functions and duties with the safety of the clients and self being a top priority, and adhere to and comply with all safety guidelines taught in trainings.
SUPERVISION: The position is supervised by Program Coordinators and the Director of Personal Supports
SALARY: Starting salary is $18.00 per hour at our Carroll County office, and $19.00 per hour at our Montgomery County office. A $1.00 increase per hour to DSPs working weekends as defined by the 48-hour period starting at midnight Saturday am and ending at midnight Monday am.
Thank you for your interest in employment with our agency.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and adults with disabilities through quality, community-based residential, educational, vocational, recreational and family support services.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is proud to be 100% smoke and tobacco free at all of our sites.
If your application meets our hiring needs, someone will contact you via email or phone typically within 48 hours. Thank you!