POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in order to promote their personal and professional growth in both employment and day program settings.
QUALIFICATION: A high school diploma or equivalent. Experience working with individuals with
disabilities is preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL – VOCATIONAL): Must be able to
perform all essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Provide direct care and supervision to individuals in the day program setting.
2. Facilitate meaningful day programming by assisting with classroom-based educational
activities, vocational skill-building, and community integration.
3. Job coach individuals at their employment sites; help to train workplace skills and foster
independence; support individuals in carrying out their jobs to the standards of their
4. Implement behavior management plans and collect data accordingly.
5. Support individuals in achieving their vocational goals, as outlined in their Person Centered Plans (PCPs); collect goal data accordingly.
6. Complete and submit all required paperwork thoroughly and in a timely manner.
7. Provide safe transportation for clients to and from their homes, employment sites, community destinations, and the day program in company vehicles. Fill gas tanks in vehicles as needed; complete regular vehicle inspections.
8. Maintain excellent communication with co-workers, supervisor, and Vocational leadership team members.
10. Attend all scheduled meetings.
11. Complete all trainings required by DDA and Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. within the first 90 days of employment; maintain ongoing training compliance.
12. Other duties as assigned by a Vocational Services Manager, the Director of Employment Services, the Director of Day Services, or the Scheduling and Transportation Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (AGENCY-WIDE):
1. Knows and complies with all required policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. and has a clear understanding of the specific regulations used in his/her department. Is in compliance with the regulations and guidelines when carrying out duties and responsibilities.
2. Successfully completes all required trainings and completes re-certifications as required. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the information presented in trainings. Is eager to expand knowledge. Keeps current with relevant changes and takes appropriate steps to obtain needed information.
3. Performs duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission, and goals of the agency.
4. Works cooperatively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and guests. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy. Is supportive, respectful, and cooperative. Works well as part of a team.
5. Regarding efficiency and effectiveness: takes appropriate action based on circumstances. Provides pertinent and comprehensive information to supervisory personnel.
6. Regarding punctuality and dependability: demonstrates the ability to manage personal time by being punctual. Gives sufficient notice to immediate supervisor in case of tardiness or absenteeism.
7. Acts as an appropriate role model for clients. Chooses appropriate personal attire based on the circumstances. Maintains appropriate overall appearance and demonstrates proper personal hygiene.
8. Regarding professional development and goal-setting: is actively attending trainings, classes, workshops, etc. to improve work skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to stand, bend, reach, lift 50 pounds, maneuver wheelchairs, perform safe transfers of individuals.
COMPETENCIES: Acts with empathy and compassion; communicates effectively; demonstrates a positive attitude, attention to detail, an ability to multitask, and adaptability to change.
REPORTS TO: Vocational Services Manager
SALARY: Starting salary at certain locations is $16.00 per hour.
Thank you for your interest in employment with our agency.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and adults with disabilities through quality, community-based residential, educational, vocational, recreational and family support services.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is proud to be 100% smoke and tobacco free at all of our sites.
If your application meets our hiring needs, someone will contact you via email or phone typically within 48 hours. Thank you!