POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct supervision to clients in a safe and high quality environment while encouraging independence, and personal and professional growth.
QUALIFICATION: An Associate’s Degree and a minimum of two years’ experience working with individual with disabilities.
1. Knows and complies with all required policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines of Target Community & Educational Services and has a clear understanding of the specific regulations used in his/her department. Is in compliance with the regulations and guidelines when carrying out duties and responsibilities.
2. Successfully completes all required in-service trainings and completes re-certifications as required; demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues presented in trainings; is eager to expand knowledge; keeps current with relevant changes and takes appropriate steps to obtain needed information.
3. Performs duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency.
4. Works cooperatively and professionally with supervisors, coworkers and guests; demonstrates tact and diplomacy, is supportive, respectful and cooperative; and works well as part of a team.
5. Regarding efficiency and effectiveness, takes appropriate action based on circumstances; provides pertinent and comprehensive information to supervisory personnel.
6. Regarding punctuality and dependability, demonstrates the ability to manage personal time by being punctual and gives sufficient notice to immediate supervisor in case of tardiness or absenteeism.
7. Acts as an appropriate role model for the clients. Chooses appropriate personal attire based on the circumstances. Maintains appropriate overall appearance and demonstrates proper personal hygiene.
8. Regarding Educational Status/Goal setting--Is actively attending classes, workshops, etc. to improve work skills.
B. EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
10. Visit businesses to advocate for employment, job training, and internships, on behalf of clients.
11. Provide materials about Target to businesses including: brochures, newsletters, sending letters, and engage businesses with follow up visits, calls, etc.
12. Build connections in the community for the following: mock interviews, job training sites, job shadowing, informational interviews, etc.
13. Find assessments and materials for skill building and job development activities.
14. Research and assist in planning community outings and job visits for clients participating in job development and Achiever's Group.
15. Provide supervision and guidance to all clients in a safe and high quality environment.
16. Transport clients in Target vehicles, as needed, in a safe and efficient manner.
17. Implement individual behavior management and work skills programs as designed.
18. Ensure that all State of Maryland mandated documentation related to the provision of services to clients is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
19. Facilitate and encourage appropriate social interactions with clients at their job/volunteer sites.
20. Assure that all job tasks assigned to clients both on site and off site, are completed to the employers’ standards.
21. Ensure clients comply with all safety regulations and procedures at their job/volunteer sites.
22. Attend and participate in all scheduled vocational meetings, quarterlies and other meetings, as needed.
23. Document mileage on vehicle mileage sheets and records and store gas receipts as required.
24. Perform monthly vehicle checks and complete and submits requests for vehicle repairs, as needed.
25. Fill gas tank in vehicles when below one half of a tank.
26. Ensure that vehicles driven are free of trash and are kept clean.
27. Work in all vocational programs as needed.
28. Perform job development duties, as needed.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Assigned by, but not limited to: Lead Employment Specialist (Vocational Manager, Supported Employment Manager and/or Director of Vocational Services).
SUPERVISION: Supervised by Lead Employment Specialist and/or Director of Vocational Services.
Thank you for your interest in employment with our agency.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and adults with disabilities through quality, community-based residential, educational, vocational, recreational and family support services.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is proud to be 100% smoke and tobacco free at all of our sites.
If your application meets our hiring needs, someone will contact you via email or phone typically within 48 hours. Thank you!