POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct supervision to clients in a safe and high quality environment while encouraging independence, and personal and professional growth.
QUALIFICATION: A high school diploma or equivalency, or two years experience working with individuals with disabilities.
1. Knows and complies with all required policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines of Target Community & Educational Services and has a clear understanding of the specific regulations used in his/her department. Is in compliance with the regulations and guidelines when carrying out duties and responsibilities.
2. Successfully completes all required in-service trainings and completes re-certifications as required; demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues presented in trainings; is eager to expand knowledge; keeps current with relevant changes and takes appropriate steps to obtain needed information.
3. Performs duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency.
4. Works cooperatively and professionally with supervisors, co workers and guests; demonstrates tact and diplomacy, is supportive, respectful and cooperative; and works well as part of a team.
5. Regarding efficiency and effectiveness, takes appropriate action based on circumstances; provides pertinent and comprehensive information to supervisory personnel.
6. Regarding punctuality and dependability, demonstrates the ability to manage personal time by being punctual and gives sufficient notice to immediate supervisor in case of tardiness or absenteeism.
7. Acts as an appropriate role model for the clients. Chooses appropriate personal attire based on the circumstances. Maintains appropriate overall appearance and demonstrates proper personal hygiene.
8. Regarding Educational Status/Goal setting--Is actively attending classes, workshops, etc. to improve work skills.
B. JOB COACH
1. Provides supervision and guidance to all clients in a safe and high quality environment.
2. Transports clients in Target vehicles, as needed, in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Implements individual behavior management and work skills programs as designed.
4. Ensures that all State of Maryland mandated documentation related to the provision of services to clients is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
5. Facilitates and encourages appropriate social interactions with clients at their job/volunteer site and/or at their day program.
6. Assures that all job tasks assigned to clients both on site and off site, are completed to the employers’ standards.
7. Ensures clients comply with all safety regulations and procedures at their job/volunteer sites and/or at their day program.
8. Attends and participates in all scheduled vocational meetings, quarterlies and other meetings, as needed.
9. Documents mileage on vehicle mileage sheets and records and stores gas receipts as required.
10. Performs weekly vehicle checks and completes and submits requests for vehicle repairs, as needed.
11. Fills gas tank in vehicles when below one half of a tank.
12. Ensures that vehicles driven are free of trash and are kept clean.
13. Works in all vocational programs as needed.
14. Performs job development duties, as needed.
15. Ensures that all medications are delivered as ordered per State of Maryland Medication Monitoring Standards.
16. Assists with individual task analysis and writing client’s plans.
17. Position requires regularly lifting 50 or more pounds and the physical ability to restrain.
Other duties as assigned by, but not limited to, Vocational Department Manager (Rehabilitation Manager, Supported Employment Manager and/or Day Habilitation Manager).
SUPERVISION: Supervised by Vocational Department Manager (Rehabilitation Manager, Supported Employment Manager and/or Day Habilitation Manager).
Thank you for your interest in employment with our agency.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and adults with disabilities through quality, community-based residential, educational, vocational, recreational and family support services.
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is proud to be 100% smoke and tobacco free at all of our sites.
If your application meets our hiring needs, someone will contact you via email or phone typically within 48 hours. Thank you!