Promotes and restores patients' health by assisting in the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Demonstrates respect and the highest standards of care for patients and all employees.
- Provides service in a timely manner and with a cheerful attitude to all customers.
- Performs as a productive team member who is continually working and producing results.
- Consistently performs purposeful hourly rounding and vital signs on all patients.
- Uses effective communication with patients regarding their personal care.
- Champion collaboration among health care team members to ensure patient needs are met.
- Provides clear communication during patient handoffs with physicians, patients, and family members.
- Maintains an attitude and environment that encourages retention through professionalism and respect.
- Accepts ownership for the continuous success of the team.
- Maintains a professional image of the organization in accordance with policies.
- Willingly adjusts to assignment changes with a positive attitude.
- Promotes patient-centered care by maintaining a clean, calm, and quiet environment, especially at night.
- Participates in process improvement in a positive manner.
- Provides the best possible service through accountability and a positive work ethic.
- Consistently completes assigned departmental duties throughout and/or by end of shift.
- Responds to patient needs in a consistent timely manner or follows department guidelines when not available.
- Performs adequate documentation of patient care by completion of all interventions.
- Adheres to infection prevention protocols and complies with hand washing protocol.
- Provides patient care based on evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Embraces change and supports new ideas and management decisions.
- Improvement or consistency in performance and behavior from previous evaluation.
- Participates in departmental and organizational initiatives and/or committees.
- Participates in educational opportunities (i.e. certifications, skills fairs, in-services, etc.).
- Practices effective time management and conserves expenses.
- Promptly reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to read, interpret and record telemetry strips. With negative and positive outcomes from patient telemetry strips.
- Ability to assist Provider and Nursing Staff with all emergency care patient duties.
High school diploma or GED. Current EMT, Paramedic, or CNA Licensure.
Prior experience as an ER Care Tech highly desired.
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus