The Pre-cert clerk is responsible for obtaining pre-cert information for all inpatient, surgery or radiology patients. Notify patients prior to surgery or radiology services of any co-pays or deductible amounts.
- Responsible for obtaining pre-cert information for all inpatient, surgery, and radiology patients.
- Verify eligibility, co-pay and deductible information.
- Pre-register patients with all needed information.
- Notify patients prior to surgery or radiology services of any co-pays or deductible amounts.
- Obtain pre-cert information from physician offices to ensure clean claims.
- Discuss financial obligations or payment arrangements with the patients prior to surgery/radiology.
- Screen uninsured patients for Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility.
- Identify uninsured patients on the daily census and go to patient’s room to provide financial assistance options.
- Ability to calculate reimbursement per payer contract.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree highly desired.
1-2 years of hospital business office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance payer requirements
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of HIPPA
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Analytical, Grammar, and Spelling skills
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite