Under direct or indirect supervision of supervisor, contributes to patient care by performing clerical and non-professional tasks directly and indirectly related to patient care and unit functioning. Is responsible and accountable for tasks delegated.
- Answers phones) on Unit and manages calls appropriately.
- Takes phone reports from Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, and other Departments accurately, and delivers to proper nurse.
- Calls and schedules clinic appointments for patients who need help, when directed by RN/LPN.
- Refers all calls from physicians to appropriate nursing staff.
- Uses systems to assist with the processing of orders.
- Verifies ADT information.
- Uses manual system when computer is down.
- Answers PTS and keeps station ready and available.
- Retrieves meds and supplies and delivers to proper place/person.
- Reports maintenance problems immediately.
- Maintains inventory of Unit supplies.
- Orders non-stock items as directed.
- Orders stock items to maintain par level.
- Transport/arranges for transport of supplies and equipment between Units or Departments as needed.
- Supports unit during computer downtime.
- Obtains downtime kit as appropriate.
- Communicates ADT information to Admitting Department and Shift Supervisor/Bed Control.
- Answers nurse call console and refers patient calls to appropriate person.
- Completes additional tasks on individual Units per standards/procedures or Supervisor instructions.
- Functions with awareness of and applies safety principles/standards as defined by Hospital, including, environmental and employee issues.
- Reports incidents, work related injuries, unsafe equipment or environment to supervisor or other appropriate person.
- Functions with awareness of and applies infection control principles/standards as defined by Hospital.
- Keeps work area neat, clean and orderly.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/hospital information.
- Follows Nursing Department/Unit specific standards/policies/procedures/protocols/ guidelines.
High school diploma or GED required.
Prior experience highly desired.
- Telephone etiquette
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus