Serves patients and staff by providing timely assistance and information regarding accounts and claims.
- Responsible for daily reviewing and working claims edits and reports
- Review claims for accuracy and readiness for submission
- Submitting insurance claims to various payers electronically and/or paper
- Working on claims submission system to release clean claims to payers
- Review and work denial management system to resolve payment issues
- Follow-up on delayed claim payments by calling insurance companies
- Working credit balance report to resolve overpayments
- Dealing with patients and family members accounts and making payment arrangements
High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
Previous Experience is Highly Desired.
- Telephone etiquette
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Insurance payer requirements
- HIPPA compliance
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Claim Submission Process
- Quality Focus