Responsible for the registration of patients, including patient interviews, room assignments, insurance verification, explanation of hospital policies and handles routine patient inquiries.
- Responsible for prompt, courteous reception and processing of all patients presenting themselves for treatment.
- Promotes a positive hospital image to patients, physicians, visitors, and other employees.
- Responsible for accurate and complete collection of registration data.
- Completes and processes registration documents with distribution to all appropriate departments.
- Gathers insurance information, signatures, and forms needed to submit billings.
- Verifies insurance benefits and coverage.
- Calculates and makes an effort to collect deductibles, coinsurance portions, private room differences, non-covered items, and Private Pay accounts.
- Keys facesheet information and obtains patient's or responsible person's signature; prepares arm bands, labels, and other documents as necessary.
- Notifies nursing service and arranges for escort of patient to room (inpatient) and directs patient to appropriate ancillary department (outpatient).
- Makes necessary changes on computer for room changes, transfers, discharges, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Current Licensure.
Prior experience highly desired.
- Age specific communication skills
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus