Responsible for prompt, courteous reception and processing of all patients presenting themselves for treatment.
- Promotes a positive hospital image to patients, physicians, visitors, and other employees.
- Responsible for accurate and complete collection of registration data.
- Completes and processes registration documents with distribution to all appropriate departments.
- Gathers insurance information, signatures and forms needed to submit billings from patients presenting themselves for treatment.
- Verifies insurance benefits and coverage.
- Calculates and makes an effort to collect deductibles, coinsurance portions, and Private pay accounts.
- Coordinates with nursing service for bed assignments.
- Keys face sheet information and obtains patient’s or responsible person’s signature; prepares arm bands, and other documents as necessary.
- He/She should possess age specific skills as needed for communication with the patient population.
- Auditing all admissions for correct documentation, and registration in computer system.
- Auditing Advance Directives for completion, logging errors for performance improvement.
- Completing reports, monitoring upfront collections.
- Daily audit for errors and monitor completion of accounts completed by other clerks.
- Address with clerks errors found, to be corrected.
- Manage the shift schedule, making necessary adjustments for changes.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
Previous Experience is Highly Desired.
- Telephone etiquette
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Insurance payer requirements
- HIPPA compliance
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Claim Submission Process
- Quality Focus