Serves patients by obtaining pre-cert information for all inpatient, surgery or radiology patients. Notify patients prior to surgery or radiology services of any co-pays or deductible amounts.
- Responsible for obtaining pre-cert information for all inpatient, surgery, and radiology patients.
- Verify eligibility, co-pay and deductible information.
- Pre-register patients with all needed information.
- Notify patients prior to surgery or radiology services of any co-pays or deductible amounts.
- Obtain pre-cert information from physician offices to ensure clean claims.
- Discuss financial obligations or payment arrangements with the patients prior to surgery/radiology.
- Screen uninsured patients for Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility.
- Identify uninsured patients on the daily census and go to patient’s room to provide financial assistance options.
- Ability to calculate reimbursement per payer contract.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
1-2 years of hospital business office experience preferred.
- Telephone etiquette
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Insurance payer requirements
- HIPPA compliance
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus