Supports patients/residents by assisting with personal hygiene, providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring.
- Demonstrates respect and the highest standards of care for patients/residents and all employees.
- Provides service in a timely manner and with a cheerful attitude to all customers.
- Performs as a productive team member who is continually working and producing results.
- Consistently performs purposeful 2 to 3 hour rounding on all patients/residents.
- Uses effective communication with patients/residents regarding their personal care.
- Champion collaboration among health care team members to ensure patient needs are met.
- Provides clear communication during patient handoffs with physicians, patients/residents, and family members.
- Maintains an attitude and environment that encourages retention through professionalism and respect.
- Accepts ownership for the continuous success of the team.
- Maintains a professional image of the organization in accordance with organizational policies.
- Willingly adjusts to assignment changes with a positive attitude.
- Promotes patient/resident-centered care by maintaining a clean, calm, and quiet environment, especially at night.
- Participates in process improvement in a positive manner.
- Provides the best possible service through accountability and a positive work ethic.
- Consistently completes assigned departmental duties throughout and/or by end of shift.
- Responds to patient needs in a consistent timely manner or follows department guidelines when not available.
- Performs adequate documentation of patient care by completion of all interventions.
- Adheres to infection prevention protocols and complies with hand washing protocol.
- Provides patient care based on evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Embraces change and supports new ideas and management decisions.
- Improvement or consistency in performance and behavior from previous evaluation.
- Participates in departmental and organizational initiatives and/or committees.
- Participates in educational opportunities (i.e. certifications, skills fairs, in-services, etc.).
- Practices effective time management and conserves expenses.
- Promptly reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
Current CNA certification.
Prior CNA experience highly desired.
- Medical Teamwork
- Bedside Manner
- Infection Control