Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about referrals, procedures, and surgeries.
- Schedules referrals, procedures, and surgeries by making arrangements with the appropriate providers; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
High school diploma or GED required. Current MA/CMA license.
Previous Experience is highly desired.
- Telephone etiquette
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- HIPPA compliance
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus