Responsible for accurate record keeping, observation of monitors and prompt reporting of cardiac rhythm changes.
- This position will routinely perform Unit Secretary duties for the unit as assigned.
- Performs ongoing observation of the cardiac monitors and interpret cardiac rhythms correctly.
- Perform clerical duties efficiently and accurately.
- Prioritize and assist with unit activities based on patient needs under the direction of the RN.
- Demonstrates effective time management and organizational skills by implementing physician orders.
- Detect and promptly report changes in parameters monitoring cardiac rhythms.
- Ensure medical record is complete and in order.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of patient information with all members of the health care team.
- Documents clearly and accurately Arrhythmias – maintain strips and reporting changes.
- Is proactive. Anticipates and responds to patient/physician/family members/coworkers needs.
- Demonstrates an energetic and positive approach to work. Is sensitive to customer’s physical, social and cultural needs.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to coworkers.
- Demonstrates sense of ownership. Pays attention to details of job, ensures all mandatory obligations are met.
- Presents a clean, professional, well groomed image. Wears name badge, adheres to uniform policy.
- Safeguards patient confidentiality in all forms of communication.
- Works effectively with others toward achieving common goals including morale and teamwork.
High school diploma or GED highly desired.
Prior experience reading/interpreting rythm strips highly desired.
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus