Coordinates and organizes clinical staffing in the clinics/offices. Works closely with LPNs, Certified Medical Assistants, & Medical Assistants in the clinic/office setting to maintain competence in care delivery and to ensure clinical staff adheres to clinic policy.
- Collaborates with physicians and nurse practitioners to determine the educational needs of the clinical staff in each office.
- Interviews new hires and makes suggestions for hiring. Completes new hire paperwork that is required prior to orientation for new hires.
- Orients new clinical staff to the clinics including training new staff on the Electronic Health Record.
- Responsible for making sure clinical staff delivers patient care in a manner that preserves/protects patient dignity and rights.
- Responsible for LPN, CMA and MA 90 day evaluations.
- Maintains LPNs, CMAs and Medical Assistants annual evaluations, continuing education and all required certification.
- Performance improvement monitoring to evaluation quality and effectiveness of clinical care.
- Identifies areas of improvement.
- Assist in development of policies and procedures and resolution of problems.
- Evaluations clinical competency of LPNs, CMS, and Medical Assistants including yearly medication exams.
- Trains clinical staff on new procedures or provides a refresher course if needed on procedures already performed.
- Maintains working and mutually respectful relationship with co-workers, physicians, nurse practitioners, department managers and executive team.
- Contributes to professional development of peers through sharing of knowledge and skills and providing constructive guidance regarding their practice.
- Participates in health fairs and helps to coordinate other community projects.
- Fills in as PRN clinical staff when needed.
- Monitors ordering of medical supplies and making sure the clinics are not overstocked.
- Maintain and keep CLIA certificates current.
- Responsible for assisting in setting up new offices or closing an office.
- Researches and understands Clinics Meaningful Use and MIPS requirements. Enters and uploads information required for Clinics Meaningful Use and MIPS reporting.
- Stay current with new DNV requirements for the Clinics and assist with DNV survey and any needed corrective action.
- Schedule clinical training or practicums for nurse practitioner students.
- Assist Practice Administrator with Memorandums of Understanding from Advanced Practice Graduate Programs.
- Assist Practice Administrator with any special projects. (Meaningful Use Audits, Flu Vaccine Inventory, etc.
High school diploma or GED required. Current LPN or MA/CMA license.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an office nurse / Certified Medical Assistant with supervising responsibilities required. Healthcare management experience preferred. Previous experience in physician office or other healthcare outpatient setting preferred or previous experience in hospital setting required.
- Telephone etiquette
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- HIPPA compliance
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus