Performs the necessary job duties to provide optimum quality patient radiographs with ALARA radiation exposure. (Allow as reasonably achievable)
- Ensures operation of mammography equipment and completing preventive maintenance requirements and performing QC; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains supplies and inventory by checking stock; anticipating needed supplies
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirement by studying existing and new legislation
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or by completing continuing education course credits
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions
- Prepares patients for mammography procedures by positioning patients; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors
- Minimizes radiation to patients and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factures
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media
- Maintains quality images by following established standards and procedures
- Documents patient care services and records
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum 2 year degree from approved Radiologic Technologist Program or College. ARRT Registered in Radiography and Mammography or Registry eligible.
Experience in Mammography preferred with 1 year in a hospital fast paced setting; previous experience in community oriented ambulatory services desired; experience with Inpatient hospital setting preferred; experience coordinating Outpatient radiology procedures needed.
- Supply Management
- Verbal Communication
- Infection Control
- Creating a Safe
- Effective Environment
- Organization, Scheduling
- Customer Focus
- Bedside Manner
- Medical Teamwork