Performs the necessary job duties to provide optimum quality patient radiographs with ALARA radiation exposure. (Allow as reasonably achievable)
- Performs diagnostic radiographic services.
- Operates imaging equipment.
- Operates other equipment/devices as appropriate.
- Positions patients needed to image requested anatomy.
- Immobilizes patients as necessary to prevent radiographic distortion.
- Calculates exposure factors for optimum radiographic quality with lowest absorption dose.
- Practices radiation protection for patients, family members, other employees and self.
- Evaluates radiographs for technical quality and demonstration of desired anatomy.
- Assumes care for physical and psychological needs of patients while in Medical Imaging Department.
- Practices acceptable injection control and maintains aseptic technique as necessary.
- Assists with administration of contrast media as needed.
- Assists physician with imaging procedures.
- Initiates life support measures to patients when necessary.
- Is able to lift up to 50 pounds correctly.
- Maintains patient records
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area.
- Promotes a climate conductive to learning for co-workers.
- Assists personnel with patient care as needed.
- Rotates schedule within the department and/or other shifts as required.
- Assists and/or transports patients using wheelchair or stretcher as conditions warrant.
- Request help as needed.
High school diploma or GED required. Current AMA Accredited Licensure. Valid National Registry Certification.
Prior experience highly desired.
- Supply Management
- Verbal Communication
- Infection Control
- Creating a Safe
- Effective Environment
- Organization, Scheduling
- Customer Focus
- Bedside Manner
- Medical Teamwork