Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
This position serves as Team lead for TCC’s Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT). To provide community based assessments and treatment in the form of crisis intervention services to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. Provides training and support to MCOT members and assists with coverage in the event of employee absence or transition. To provide quality services for individuals qualifying for level of care five (5) services within the crisis department. To advocate for least restrictive environment and coordination of services for those presenting with a mental health emergency in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Texoma Community Center and the Texas Administrative Code. Operates under trauma-informed and recovery-oriented models of care which align with CCBHC standards.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology or Psychology required.
• Two (2) years community mental health experience preferred.
• Experience working with individuals with mental illness and/or addiction issues desirable.
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current driver’s license and vehicle for use while at work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Consistently practices Trauma-informed Model of Care, understands and considers the pervasive nature of trauma.
• The knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to speak a second language relevant to population served preferred.
TCC strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one.
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen