Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code. Salary-Depends on qualifications.
This position develops, implements, evaluates, and supervises the Forensic Program. Develop and implements HHSC/TAC approved training methodologies for TCC employees who work with the forensic population. Monitor and evaluate Adult Mental Health service documentation submitted by program staff to ensure all HHSC and CMS and TCOOMMI requirements. Submit all required reports to state and Center administrators. Attend the regularly scheduled program audits and client reviews. Participate in local drug court proceedings. Participate in local jail diversion efforts and other criminal justice related proceedings. Assist with community outreach and trainings when necessary. Provide Utilization Management oversight and authorization for documentation, including LPHA authorization for Medical Necessity. Provides LPHA oversight and authorization of crisis calls as scheduled. Other duties as requested and authorized by Operations Officers in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Texoma Community Center. Performs other duties as assigned by the ACOO, COO or CEO. Operates under trauma-informed and recovery-oriented models of care which align with CCBHC standards.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or Counseling with 2 years Human Services Experience
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current driver’s license and vehicle for use while at work
• Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist preferred; Licensed eligible status required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively to maintain good working relationships with staff, healthcare providers, and community leaders.
• Working knowledge in Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Staff Coordination and/or continuous quality improvement philosophies and principles is preferred
• Consistently practices Trauma-informed Model of Care, understands and considers the pervasive nature of trauma.
• The knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to speak a second language relevant to population served is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the general knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
• Ability to generate, read, interpret, and take action as it relates to basic financial statements, national and state regulations, operational and maintenance and organizational policy / procedures
• Ability to write reports and correspondence
• Ability to effectively communicate
TCC strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
BlueCross BlueShield Health Insurance
BlueCare Dental Insurance
Mutual of Omaha Vision Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Colonial Supplemental Benefits
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
On-site Preventive Care including Mammograms, Flu Shots and Prescriptions
First United Bank Employee Benefits
Student Loan Forgiveness Program
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen