Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
This position performs complex consultative services and technical assistance for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities that are at risk of, or experiencing, a behavioral, mental or physical health crisis. Work involves oversight, planning, development, and implementation of the IDD Crisis Respite program. Provides education, training and collaborates with Local Intellectual Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) staff, Transition Support Team members, members of Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT), law enforcement and all private providers in LIDDA’s catchment area, as appropriate, to provide education about the manner in which to engage individuals with IDD and their unique needs.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work or a related field from an accredited college or university
• Licensed as a LPC, LCSW, Psychologist, or Behavior Analyst by the State of Texas or a reciprocity state
• Bachelor’s degree in social services field that meet the requirements of a QIDP with consultation from a licensed clinician
• Knowledge of services and programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred.
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current driver’s license
• Master’s Degree or licensed as an LPC, LCSW, Psychologist, or Behavior Analyst by the State of Texas or a reciprocity state preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak a second language relevant to population served preferred
• Must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
Knowledge of Office Suite
• Consistently practices Trauma-informed Model of Care, understands and considers the pervasive nature of trauma.
• The knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
TCC strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one.
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen