Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
This position is meant to advocate for and assist persons coping with emotional disturbance, needing counseling or having a behavioral health diagnosis, including possible severe and persistent mental illness. To provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment in the form of out-patient, evidenced-based and trauma-informed counseling to identified clients. Provides the treatment in compliance with Center policies and program procedures as well as clinical guidelines. Knows and ensures compliance and fidelity with all state and federal statutes as well as all contract and/or licensing requirements for the licensed counseling processes in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Texoma Community Center. Operates under trauma-informed and recovery-oriented models of care which align with CCBHC standards. Salary: DOQ
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, and/or Social Work required
• Completion of coursework and/or actively involved in intern hours to be a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
• Experience working with individuals with mental illness and/ or addiction issues desirable
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle for use at work
• Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred or active Intern in any of these professional disciplines under the supervision
of a Clinically Licensed Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak a second language relevant to population served preferred
• Must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
• Knowledge of Office Suite
• Consistently practices Trauma-informed Model of Care, understands and considers the pervasive nature of trauma.
• The knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
TCC strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one.
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen