Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
This position provide accessible and effective Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services to adult offenders admitted to the TCOOMMI Program with the intent to positively impact recidivism. Provide advocacy for identified TCOOMMI clients within TCC and the community. Provide crisis response as necessary to program clients. Provide group and individual skills training. Coordinate program activities with TCOOMMI Fidelity Manager and Program Director. Maintain open and effective communication with Probation/Parole Department and law enforcement. Other TCOOMMI related activities as requested and authorized by Program Director in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Texoma Community Center. Operates under trauma-informed and recovery-oriented models of care which align with CCBHC standards.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminal Justice, or Counseling required
• Two (2) years human services experience preferred
• Experience working with individuals with mental illness and/ or addiction issues desirable
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle for use at work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak a second language relevant to population served preferred
• Must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Consistently practices Trauma-informed Model of Care, understands and considers the pervasive nature of trauma.
• The knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
TCC strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one.
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen