Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent required; Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Drug and Alcohol Counseling, Psychology, Social work or related field is preferred
• Certified Recovery Coach with 2 years’ experience desirable
• 6 months of relevant experience in Treatment Settings, Social Work, Nursing Home, Behavioral Health or hospital setting required.
• Self-identified consumer of SUD services in sustained recovery required.
• Experience working with individuals with mental illness and/ or substance use disorder issues.
• Prior experience with CMBHS system preferred.
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current driver’s license and insurance for use at work
• Preferred Certifications: HHSC Certified Recovery Coach, CPR, Non-Violent Intervention, HIPPA, Infection Control
• Ability to obtain Recovery Coach Certification or Designation through the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals within the first 4 months of hire is required
The Recovery Coach will provide Peer Recovery Support Services acting as a mentor and guide for those seeking or sustaining recovery. The Recovery Coach will use their personal growth experience to carry the message of hope and recovery to individuals who are currently enrolled in substance use treatment services, and will provide pre-treatment assertive outreach and engagement. Organize, facilitate, and implement activities to promote those affected by an opioid use disorder in (re)engaging in natural community supports. Provide recovery oriented system of care services to client identified families to promote community integration, personal recovery, and wellness in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Texoma Community Center. Connect with current natural support systems, work to increase available community support, begin new support groups in community settings. Recognize and accept multiple paths to recovery, and allow clients choice in all treatment decisions. Participate in on-going supervision and team meetings throughout tenure of position. Starting Wage between $15.00-$16.00/hr.
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen