TCC is the Local Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Authority (LIDDA) for Cooke, Grayson, and Fannin County. TCC serves as the point of entry for publicly funded intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) programs, whether the program is provided by a public or private entity. An intellectual or developmental disability, also called IDD, includes many severe, chronic conditions that are due to mental and/or physical impairments. IDD can begin at any time, up to 22 years of age. It usually lasts throughout a person’s lifetime. People who have IDD have difficulties with major life activities such as: language, mobility, learning, self-help, or independent living. The LIDDA will provide or contract to provide an array of services and supports for persons with IDD. TCC is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which assists individuals with IDD by coordinating, monitoring, assessing all life needs as well as providing crisis prevention and management strategies. Operates under trauma-informed and recovery-oriented models of care which align with CCBHC standards. Salary $16.00 an hour plus incentive paid monthly. Incentive is reached through making all required caseload contacts monthly (1 f-f per client, average of 3 more contacts per caseload= $408/month).
This position is responsible for providing Service Coordination to a caseload of around 30 individuals, which includes:
• monitoring service delivery, satisfaction of and progress toward service goals
• meeting with each individual on caseload at least quarterly, but usually monthly
• COVID-19 rule changes allow for F-F meetings to be held via tele if preferred
• documenting interactions with clients and other involved individuals
• assessing individualized needs
• advocating for clients
• completing annual paperwork and revising throughout the year as needed
• linking clients to resources in their community
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field such as Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Education or Counseling as outlined in TAC.
• 1 year of Human Services Experience required
• Ability to speak a second language, relevant to the population served, is preferred
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current driver’s license and vehicle for use at work.
The benefits offered to TCC employees are competitive, comprehensive, and demonstrate the company’s commitment to the well-being of its employees.
BlueCross BlueShield Health Insurance
BlueCare Dental Insurance
Mutual of Omaha Vision Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Colonial Supplemental Benefits
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
On-site Preventive Care including Mammograms, Flu Shots and Prescriptions
First United Bank Employee Benefits
Student Loan Forgiveness Program
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen