Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
This position is responsible for assisting the Veteran Services Coordinator in the implementation, organization and successful sustainability of the veteran services program at Texoma Community Center. This positions responsibility will include recruiting, organizing and training peers to provide direct peer services to Service Members, Veterans and their families (SMVF). The Veteran Services Assistant will also provide direct peer services to this population. The Veteran Services Assistant may participate in local and state trainings, community presentations, and other outreach mediums as needed to enhance service provision, promote the Veteran Services Program and to recruit veterans and participants. Recruitment will focus on engaging veterans and their family members in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Texoma Community Center. Operates under trauma-informed and recovery-oriented models of care which align with CCBHC standards.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• A minimum of four years of successful active or reserve duty service in a branch of the armed forces or National Guard and must have served at least one tour of duty in a foreign military conflict
• Experience working with individuals with mental illness and/ or addiction issues desirable
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Honorable military discharge
• Current driver’s license and vehicle for use at work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak a second language relevant to population served preferred
• Must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Consistently practices Trauma-informed Model of Care, understands and considers the pervasive nature of trauma.
• The knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
Benefits may be limited for a part time position:
TCC strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one.
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen