The Sarah Community
Looking for more than a job? Talk with our Leadership Team and find out what it’s like to work in a 5 Star Community!
Celebrate life with faith and friends
Clinical Nurse Manager - FT Day Shift
***Sign on Bonus ***
$8,000 - RN
$6,000 - LPN
Supervise and oversee the day to day functions of household personnel. Ensure the nursing personnel are providing the highest degree of quality care to the residents.
Share your Talent with one of the Leading St. Louis Senior Living Communities!
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Manager- LPN for our full time opening in our faith-based senior living community in Bridgeton, MO. The Sarah Community is interested in employees who want to make a difference and are among the best at what they do. All applicants must have an outstanding approach to customer service. We are committed to being the employer of choice in our industry and are looking for top talent to join our existing team, managed by St. Andrews Management Services.
You will be included in the on call weekend rotation with nursing leadership.
1. Understand the importance of customer service and be willing to learn resident/relative satisfaction techniques.
2. Oversee that all household personnel are performing their duties competently.
3. Able to function on household in whatever capacity is needed.
4. Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care and initiate corrective action as necessary.
5. Supervise response to resident's call for assistance.
6. Able to perform and document a comprehensive assessment of each resident.
7. Able to document resident care provided and resident's response or lack of response to care provided.
8. Able to administer and document medications, within the scope of personal licensure and training, and treatments per the physician's order.
9. Identify resident problems and emergency situations, and initiate immediate "life saving" measures in the absence of a physician.
10. Able to observe, evaluate and document all changes in residents' conditions and notify physician when necessary.
11. Able to admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required, following established procedures.
12. Listen to resident, family, or physician concerns and initiate corrective action and/or report concerns to Director of Nursing.
13. Able to prepare care partners assignments and ensure that care partners are aware of resident care plans.
14. Provide appropriate supervision, leadership and guidance for household activities during assigned shift by making rounds to resident care areas, assisting household staff in making appropriate decisions and assisting in resident care as necessary to assure that quality control measures are continually maintained.
15. Promote professionalism and accountability with household personnel, residents and families. Coach the household personnel as necessary reporting pertinent information to the Director of Nursing or appropriate supervisor in a timely manner. Recommend corrective action, when necessary, to the Director of Nursing or appropriate supervisor.
16. Analyze and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of resident care on an ongoing basis and reports concerns to the Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of Nursing.
17. Participate in the implementation of new resident care programs.
18. Adjust the staffing ratios to ensure adequate coverage of all households based on census and resident needs.
19. Identify any safety hazards and initiate corrective action immediately.
20. Complete and present 90 day introductory and annual performance evaluations for nursing personnel on assigned shift.
21. Assure that an adequate amount of supplies and equipment are on hand to meet the day to day needs of the department.
22. Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within households.
23. Participate in survey inspections made by authorized government agencies and aid in implementing a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during these inspections.
24. Ensure that the nursing services Policies and Procedures manual is followed by the nursing personnel.
25. Interpret existing policies and procedures to all nursing personnel, residents, families and physicians.
26. Enforce and promote compliance with facility policy and guidelines.
27. Participate in resident care conferences as assigned.
28. Attend staff meetings, in service classes and committee meetings as assigned.
29. Observe facility infection control procedures.
30. Observe facility safety policies and procedures.
31. Observe facility disaster preparedness procedures.
32. Observe Resident's Rights policies and maintain resident confidentiality.
33. Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Nursing.
Special Requirements of the Position
This position requires an ability to safely lift and transfer residents weighing an average of 150 pounds with or without assistance, on an occasional basis; and an ability to push residents in wheelchairs up to 250 pounds on a frequent basis approximately 100 feet.
Certifications, Licenses Necessary
Individuals holding this position must have graduated from an accredited School of Nursing with an Associate Degree in Nursing, and be currently licensed by the Missouri State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Must possess or obtain CPR certification within one month of date of hire and maintain renewal.
What’s in it for you?
- Paid time off available after 90 days (vacation/holiday/sick)
- Excellent benefit package for full time positions including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement available for full time employees after one year of service
- Incentive bonus programs: engage rewards & recognition, referral and extra shift raffle
- Get early access to earned wages via OnShift Wallet anytime, anywhere!
- Club Fitness membership low cost
- ADP Discounts: cell phone, electronics, car rental & travel, etc...
_ Employer provided polos
• LPN currently licensed in the state of Missouri
• Prior LTC & supervisory experience
• Must meet all mandatory state regulated health requirements, including TB screen and pass background/reference checks.
Apply online on our website: thesarahcommunity.org or stop by to pick up an application.
Anna House, 12284 DePaul Drive, Bridgeton, MO
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Sarah Community is a not-for-profit, faith-based Life Plan Retirement Community for active seniors offering a full spectrum of health services. Located in Bridgeton in St. Louis, we offer retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing, each with a focus on wellness of body, mind, and spirit. Our community is grouped into households, which create a connected, inclusive environment for all while respecting the individual. Our caring mission is fulfilled each and every day by our dedicated staff who create a warm and positive atmosphere for each resident.