Job title: Director of Mission Integration
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Summary of Position:
The Director of Mission Integration will model and articulate the Mission Statement and its core values to integrate them into the professional and personal lives of The Sarah Community (TSC) employees. This will be accomplished by creating a greater awareness of and appreciation for the history, heritage and values of TSC and defining the structures around which the mission culture is built. The Director of Mission Integration will promote an understanding of the dignity of all persons, of the Christian vocation of service and the Catholic identity of TSC.
Principle Mission Functions:
1. Works collaboratively with the department managers and executive leadership to advance living the Mission within The Sarah Community.
2. Collaborates with others to animate and integrate the mission in the daily activity at The Sarah Community through specific Mission Alive initiatives, priorities and programs.
3. Seeks to build and maintain personal trust and integrity-based relationships with all staff.
4. Supports organizational development and acts as a change agent in ways that reflect the values and advances the strategic vision for the transformation of healthcare.
5. Engages with individuals and groups in creating varied opportunities that enable participants to find meaning and purpose in work, to connect with their own values and to find fulfillment and strength for their commitment to serve.
6. Plans and uses opportunities such as orientation, recognition programs, rituals and regularly scheduled staff training programs to strengthen the values-based culture.
7. Exhibits competent, shared responsibility in substantively knowing and applying Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Care Service in relation to resident care, organizational policies and discernment in decisions.
8. Facilitates formation to deepen understanding of Christian healing ministry which extends the ministry of Jesus as healer and which is accomplished in and through community.
9. Works closely with the spiritual care associate and assists or covers duties when needed, including conducting a Catholic communion service.
10. Provides assurance and support in times of uncertainty and crisis.
Essential Staff Functions:
1. Complies with all federal, state and local regulations as outlined in the Corporate Compliance Program Manual.
2. Understands the importance of customer service and resident/relative satisfaction surveys.
3. Follows Residents’ Rights policies and maintains resident’s confidentiality.
4. Follows facility policies and procedures, including but not limited to, infection control, safety and disaster preparedness.
5. Attends and creates appropriate in-service education opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrate ability to articulate Catholic identity, mission and values, including knowledge of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
2. Experience working with an aging population. Experience working in mission integration and/or chaplaincy.
3. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Very good computer skills [example – Mission Alive Newsletter] needed in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher or willing to learn Publisher. Skills for computer charting are occasionally needed.
4. Must be well organized, possess well-developed skills for interpersonal relations and working as part of a team. Enjoys and desires frequent interaction with people.
Education, Certification, Licenses Necessary
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in Theology, Behavioral Sciences, Ministry or related field, plus 1 unit of CPE [Clinical Pastoral Education) with NACC or APC. Master’s degree is preferred in Health Care Ministry or Mission, Theology, Christian Spirituality, Pastoral Counseling, or Pastoral Studies and certification in NACC or APC (any equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered).
What's in it for you?
- Paid Time Off available after 90 days (vacation, holiday, sick)
- Excellent benefit package for full time positions including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Get early access to earned wages via OnShift Wallet anytime, anywhere!
- ADP discounts: cell phone, electronics, car rental & travel, etc...
- Employer provided polos
Apply online at thesarahcommunity.org or stop by to pick up an application at Anna House, 12284 DePaul Drive, Bridgeton, MO 63044
The Sarah Community is a not-for-profit, faith-based Life Plan Retirement Community for active seniors offering a full spectrum of health services. Located in Bridgeton in St. Louis, we offer retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing, each with a focus on wellness of body, mind, and spirit. Our community is grouped into households, which create a connected, inclusive environment for all while respecting the individual. Our caring mission is fulfilled each and every day by our dedicated staff who create a warm and positive atmosphere for each resident.