The Sarah Community is seeking a full time Maintenance Associate to perform routine maintenance, upkeep and repairs of the buildings, grounds and equipment. The Maintenance Associate is responsible for applying basic knowledge to fix equipment and building systems to ensure community is functional and safe.
• Perform general repairs such as repairing broken items
• Install appliances and equipment
• Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems
• Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
• Colloborate with employees and leadership staff in a professional manner
• Proven experience as maintenance associate or other similar position in long term care industry preferred
• Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
• Experience using hand and electrical tools
• Experience with online work order system preferred
• Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have compassion and desire to work with the elderly
What's in it for you?
- Paid Time Off available after 90 days (vacation, holiday, sick)
- Excellent benefit package for full time positions including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Incentive bonus programs: engage rewards & recognition, referral & extra shift raffle
- ADP discounts: cell phone, electronics, car rental & travel, etc...
- Employer provided polos
The Sarah Community is a not-for-profit, faith-based Life Plan Retirement Community for active seniors offering a full spectrum of health services. Located in Bridgeton in St. Louis, we offer retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing, each with a focus on wellness of body, mind, and spirit. Our community is grouped into households, which create a connected, inclusive environment for all while respecting the individual. Our caring mission is fulfilled each and every day by our dedicated staff who create a warm and positive atmosphere for each resident.