The Sarah Community is seeking a full time MAINTENANCE/HOUSEKEEPING DIRECTOR to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the buildings. Ensure security and maintenance of the campus; ensure the entire campus will be maintained with the highest standard and with all federal, state and local regulations. Establish campus wide preventative maintenance routines. This includes maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and equipment at The Sarah Community. Directs Environmental Services program, including housekeeping, laundry and floor care, to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive and sanitary conditions throughout the campus I accordance with all state, federal, CMS and OSHA regulations.
1. Comply with all federal, state, local and OSHA regulations as outlined in the Corporate Compliance Program Manual.
2. Understand the importance of customer service and be willing to learn resident/relative satisfaction techniques.
3. Schedules the function of the security guards for Naomi/Veronica House and monitor the security system for unusual occurrences. Regularly in-services the overnight security staff in regards to what to do in emergencies (sprinkler breaks, water shut off valve locations, fire alarms, etc)
4. Ensure the maintenance of all building systems, (boilers, Chillers ventilation/air conditioning, electric, plumbing, air handlers etc.)
5. Ensure the maintenance of exterior of building and community grounds. This includes maintenance of parking lots, the facility lawn, sprinkler systems, trees, plants, and shrubbery.
6. Schedule and coordinate the maintenance of units and public spaces.
7. Conduct annual inspections of units as well as move in and move out inspections.
8. Respond to work orders in a reasonable amount of time.
9. Utilize the TELS work order system to its full potential in regards to scheduling preventative maintenance and regulatory inspections.
10. Schedules all state, federal and local regulatory inspections in a timely manner not to exceed inspection due dates.
11. Report all unsafe or hazardous conditions to the Administrator and coordinate corrective actions.
12. Interview, select, hire, schedule, evaluate, counsel, and terminate maintenance and security personnel.
13. Conduct monthly departmental staff meetings and document.
14. Work with the In-Service Coordinator to assure attendance of maintenance and security staff at OSHA in-services.
15. Teaches OSHA training at all new hire orientations. Schedules back up trainers if not available.
16. Schedule, set up and document programs for maintenance and security in services.
17. Review and deal with problems mentioned by maintenance and security department personnel and work toward their solutions.
18. Participate in the facility's budgeting process and meet approved departmental budget.
19. Direct expenditure of the maintenance and security department's funds within the boundaries of the established budget.
20. Purchase supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
21. Participate in committee meetings and function on committees as assigned.
22. Keep records pertaining to the maintenance department such as fire drills, preventative maintenance program, lock out – tag out, safety inspections, in an orderly manner for yearly State inspections.
23. Direct implementation of and observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
24. Direct implementation of and observe all infection control procedures related to the maintenance and security department.
25. Direct implementation of and observe Resident's Rights policies and ensure that resident confidentiality is maintained.
26. Direct implementation of and observe facility disaster preparedness procedures.
27. Coordinate and evaluate monthly fire drills at Anna, Veronica, and Naomi House.
28. Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping/laundry staff. Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
29. Establishes room schedules for deep cleanings of the Sarah Community and communicates with residents by using established monitoring tool.
30. Inspects and evaluates physical condition of facility
31. Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
32. Assists with the selection and purchases of new furnishings.
33. Maintains budget/checkbook on monthly basis
34. Codes invoices to appropriate general ledger account on a routine basis.
35. Prepares and analyzes reports on labor cost and production operations to determine whether operating cost standards are being met.
36. Purchases supplies and equipment within budgeted guidelines.
37. Schedules and participates in monthly OSHA mandated safety committee meetings, as well as any other committees that the administrator assigns.
38. Observes all infection control policies.
39. In-services staff on all applicable infection control policies and procedures.
40. Responsible for coordinating group set ups and take down in all community common space. Works with the Life Enrichment Coordinator in regards to event set-ups.
41. Assures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to the performance of this job.
42. Observes Resident Rights policies.
43. Perform other related duties as directed by the Administrator.
44. Observe and abide by all Sarah Community policies and procedures.
Certifications, Licenses Necessary
The candidate must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have prior full time maintenance experience of five years and must have at least one year in a supervisory position. Must be pleasant, cheerful, tactful, and courteous when dealing with residents, families, guests and other employees. Experience in similar position in long term care industry preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Paid Time Off available after 90 days (vacation, holiday, sick) Accrues 5 Weeks PTO Annually to start
- Excellent benefit package for full time positions including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Incentive bonus programs: engage rewards & recognition, referral & extra shift raffle
- ADP discounts: cell phone, electronics, car rental & travel, etc...
- Employer provided polos
Apply online at thesarahcommunity.org or stop by to pick up an application at Anna House, 12284 DePaul Drive, Bridgeton, MO 63044
The Sarah Community is a not-for-profit, faith-based Life Plan Retirement Community for active seniors offering a full spectrum of health services. Located in Bridgeton in St. Louis, we offer retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing, each with a focus on wellness of body, mind, and spirit. Our community is grouped into households, which create a connected, inclusive environment for all while respecting the individual. Our caring mission is fulfilled each and every day by our dedicated staff who create a warm and positive atmosphere for each resident.