Do you want to join a Winning Team!? ThermTech is the premier commercial heat treater in the Midwest looking for a Finishing Department Operator in our Carburizing and Batch Hardening Unit in the 301/303 facility.
This is a second shift position. Position hours are 2 - 10:30 PM Monday-Friday.
Are you a top talent with a passion for delivering world-class service? Are you self-motivated and goal-oriented person driven to learn our trade and be a part of our growing team? Are you a problem solver, team builder with the ability to maintain a bright, positive attitude? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment where continual learning is encouraged and rewarded? If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
As part of our world class heat treating team, you are rewarded with competitive pay with additional off-shift premiums and a benefits package that includes health and dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employer matched 401(k), educational reimbursement, and on-site health care. For more information visit about our benefits package visit: https://www.thermtech.net/careers.php
The finishing department operator performs several critical peripheral support operations on both the front and back end of heat treat processing. In order to prepare parts for processing, the finishing operator performs no-carb masking, lot ID etching, and load makeup. After heat treat, the finishing operator performs blast cleaning operations as well as final packaging.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and proficiency in English language (reading and verbal). This position requires direct contact with ITAR compliant work – United States citizenship required.
Experience: 1 year of heat-treating experience minimum is required.
Skills: Working knowledge of PC based computer platforms, Previous experience with lift truck operation is preferred.
Skills to include:
· Mask parts with no-carb masking paints to retard the carburization/hardening process in designated areas as specified by product prints and/or provided visual guides.
· Set up furnace loads by counting out specific quantities of parts per provided order instructions.
· Etch parts with order information in designated areas to provide heat treat lot traceability.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
· Perform final cleaning operations using either spinner/hanger, tumble, or table blast equipment as required by order instructions.
· Perform final counts on orders as parts are cleaned and packaged, verifying any associated part ID markings (lot#, heat code, part#, etc.) to ensure that order quantities match the customer PO requirements.
· Inspect all parts as they are handled for any types of damage.
Note: Must be able to pass a hair follicle drug test.
We are committed to hiring top talent into our operations teams to deliver world-class services. We look for self-motivated and goal-oriented people who are keen to learn our trade and be a part of our growing team. We value individuals who are problem solvers, team workers, and maintain a bright, positive attitude. If you like a fast-paced work environment to learn lifelong skills, we would welcome your application. ThermTech is an equal opportunity employer.