Join a Winning Team! ThermTech, the premier commercial heat treating shop in the Midwest needs a Second Shift Upton Operator for our Aluminum, Austempering, and Specialty Irons division.
Position hours are Second Shift Monday through Friday 2 PM to 10:30 PM
We are committed to hiring top talent into our operations teams to deliver world-class services. We look for self-motivated and goal-oriented people eager to learn our trade and be a part of our growing team. We value individuals who are problem solvers, team workers and maintain a bright, positive attitude. If you like a fast-paced work environment to learn lifelong skills, we will welcome your application.
As part of our world-class heat-treating team, your benefits include:
· Competitive pay with additional off-shift premiums
· A benefits package that includes:
~ Health and dental coverage,
~ Short-term and long-term disability insurance,
~ Employer matched 401(k),
~ Educational reimbursement,
~ On-site health care,
~ Eight paid holidays, and
~ Paid Vacation acquired after one year of employment.
For more information visit about our benefits package visit: https://www.thermtech.net/careers.php
The Upton Furnace Operator is responsible for the operation of a continuous salt to salt furnace line. This position will receive training from a highly skilled individual to successfully operate this piece of technical and precision equipment. Successful completion of this training will allow the Upton Furnace Operator to complete the following tasks that serve our automotive customers as well as other tool and die machine shops:
* Safety in the handling of salts
* Rectification and Titration of Salt Baths
* How to build loads to maximize furnace capacity and minimize warp
* How to program and operate a technical and precise piece of equipment
* Perform final inspection
* Package for the return shipment
The Upton Furnace Operator position usually works individually to ensure that the furnace line operates smoothly and accurately. You will set up the furnace line each day to run safely and efficiently to provide a customer's continuous flow of product. You need to be a positive person and willing to learn a very detail-oriented and scientific piece of equipment. At times, you will wear many hats and must be able to think critically and solve issues that may arise during your day. The Upton Operator works in a fast-paced department that keeps you busy throughout your shift.
Education: High School education or equivalent preferred
Experience: Prior Heat Treat experience preferred
Skills: Basic computer skills, forklift training, and industry skills preferred
* Attention to detail: We run many very involved processes with parts that are easy to damage. Successful candidates must possess attention to detail.
* Resilience: You must be able to be happy to go from one project or problem to another. That work that goes through the shop is different every day, and you must embrace flexibility to succeed in this position.
* Communication Skills: The organization cannot succeed if the furnace operators are not wise enough to communicate priorities and issues between and during shifts. As an Upton Furnace Operator, you will be wise in this way.
* Strong work ethic: You will get your hands dirty and be productive. If you are a hard worker and enjoy a fast-paced environment where the work never runs out, we will be happy to have you on our team.
* Desire to learn: Heat treating is a trade, and there are many things to know in this position. To succeed, you must come to work with energy and excitement for continual learning and the desire to develop into a master heat-treating craftsman.
Note: Must be able to pass a hair follicle drug test.
We are committed to hiring top talent into our operations teams to deliver world-class services. We look for self-motivated and goal-oriented people who are keen to learn our trade and be a part of our growing team. We value individuals who are problem solvers, team workers, and maintain a bright, positive attitude. If you like a fast-paced work environment to learn lifelong skills, we would welcome your application. ThermTech is an equal opportunity employer.