Trust Consulting Services, Inc. is a certified 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB firm specializing in Acquisition Management, Program Management, Financial Management, Information Technology and Facility Management in support of state, local and federal agencies. We have an immediate opening for a qualified Accountant who will support the Department of Transportation National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. The successful candidate will have experience with USSGL, trial balance analysis, financial statement review experience and familiarity with SF132 and SF133s.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
Plans and performs a variety of work assignments/projects.
• Analyzes and evaluates program operations and business processes in areas such as accounting transactions, systems functionality, problems
• Monitors accounting reports to ensure the integrity of the accounting systems and the resulting reports depicting the financial status of Agency.
• Analyzes and evaluates the financial management systems to determine compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and ensures
that they meet the administrative needs.
• Provides technical advice and consultation to Finance personnel, program offices, client agencies and vendors.
• Interprets laws, policies, regulations and operating guidelines established by regional and/or national personnel.
• Provides input on the formulation of accounting and financial management policy and procedures for the Agency.
• Creates reports required by senior management, financial managers or program officials.
• Provides training to staff resulting from changes to and/or the implementation of automated accounting systems.
Candidate should be able to apply accounting theories, practices, methods, and techniques to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information; utilize qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques to analyze and evaluate issues related to accounting situations and problems; Process and monitor accounting transactions into financial system; and serve as point of contact for professional and technical guidance to team members, program offices , client agencies and vendors.
Bachelors degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law and 7 years of progressive experience.
Agency: Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Ave SE, Washington DC 20590
Navy Yard Metro (right across the street)
Term: Base and four (4) Option Periods
Hours: Monday – Friday. Mandatory Telework.
At Trust Consulting, we value every employee. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status. We also greatly value military veterans.
Trust Consulting has high expectations for those who join our mission, but we also provide competitive compensation, free skills training or educational reimbursement, and unparalleled workplace flexibility (when available). We also offer a full complement of employee benefits, including:
CareFirst Healthcare Plans
BlueChoice HMO Gold 500
Blue Choice Advantage Gold 1000
BluePreferred PPO Gold 500
AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Programs
Group Accident Insurance
Group Hospital Indemnity
Group Critical Illness Advantage
Group Disability Advantage
Everington Companies and Charles Schwab Perfect401(k) Retirement Plan
Three Investment Plan Options:
Guided Profile- The Everington Company will purchase investments based on your selections from the plan’s core fund options
Fully Managed Profile- Let a Registered Investment Advisor manage your
Self-Directed Profile- Completely manage your own retirement account investments
Flexible Spending Account – TASC
Benefit Program Options:
Healthcare FSA (Maximum Employee Yearly Contribution $2,700)
Dependent Care (Maximum Employee Yearly Contribution $5,000)
Transit (Maximum Employee Monthly Contribution $265)
Parking (Maximum Employee Monthly Contribution $265)
10 Holidays (Company Approved)
FMLA Leave (Must have worked 1,250 hours during a 12-month period to qualify)
Trust Consulting Services, Inc. (Trust) is a professional services firm with core capabilities in acquisition management, program management, financial management and IT systems and networking.
Trust is a certified 8(a), HUBZone, and SDVOSB business.
We have offices in DC, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, Georgia, and Kansas.