Trust Consulting Services, Inc. is a certified 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB firm specializing in Acquisition Management, Program Management, Financial Management, Information Technology and Facility Management in support of state, local and federal agencies. We have an immediate opening for a Contract Specialist I to procure requirements valued at the SAP dollar threshold cited in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) for such things as services, supplies and repair of equipment. Utilizing simplified purchasing procedures, the Specialist will process all documentation required to award purchase orders, delivery orders, or call orders as required.
Major duties include:
• Evaluate and research PR/requisitions for completeness. Identify procurement history, vendor codes and any other information necessary to aid in the acquisition process.
• Obtain unit price, delivery time, FOB point and other terms and conditions by issuing a written request for quotation or by obtaining a verbal quotation on urgent requirements.
• Ensure that necessary funds are available or take actions to request increase in funding as required.
• Complete all required documentation, including the simplified purchase summary, to document such things as type of procurement, basis for determining fair and reasonable price, vendor qualifications and competition.
• Make telephone, email or fax contact with vendors, item managers and other stakeholders as necessary.
• Utilize electronic technology for communications (e-mail); creating required documentation in Microsoft Office Suite and/or IAS PRISM; and disseminating documents as required.
• Accomplish order administration duties that include, but are not limited to: reviewing, analyzing, and following-up on delinquent orders; contacting vendors, accounting technicians and item managers by the most efficient means as required; and performing all necessary actions to resolve any discrepancies on orders issued.
• Reconcile open requisition listing on a weekly basis, providing status on open requisition listing to the site supervisor.
• Ensure electronic documents are properly created and maintained in CMD All Share Electronic Contract File (ECF) in accordance with current policy and guidance for each contract action.
• Ensure all entries into contracting systems such as IAS PRISM and FPDS-NG are accurate and that when notified of errors, corrections are made in a timely manner.
• Other tasks as assigned, not delineated in the previous bullet points, but that would be appropriate for individuals with the stated personnel qualifications and which are neither inherently governmental functions nor performed as personal services.
• B.S. / B.A. Degree is required.
• At least 5 years of federal acquisition experience is required.
• Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations. (e.g. the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR))
• Strong background in acquiring commercial supplies and/or services for the Federal Government.
• Experience as an 1102 in the Federal Government is highly desirable.
• Experience with PRISM is highly desirable.
• DAWIA /FAC-C and CFCM or CPCM certifications are highly desirable;
• Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. (Job entails supporting multiple purchasing actions in a fast-paced environment.)
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
• Position will require interaction with procurement office management. Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively are necessary.
• Ability to pass a federal background check for facility access is required
One (1) Base, and Four (4) Option Years
Trust is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any additional factors that are protected by law.
• Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
• Vacation- 4 hours per period ( after 30 days probationary period)
• Sick Leave-1.6 hours per pay period (after 30 days probationary period)
• 10 holidays (approved by TCS)
• AFLAC Benefit Plan
• TASC Benefit Plan
• 401K Retirement Plan
Trust Consulting Services, Inc. (Trust) is a professional services firm with core capabilities in acquisition management, program management, financial management and IT systems and networking.
Trust is a certified 8(a), HUBZone, and SDVOSB business.
We have offices in DC, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, Georgia, and Kansas.