Senior Contract Specialist
Organizationally, Senior Contract Specialists fall directly under the supervision of the Contractor’s PM who will provide day to day assignments. The Specialist may, however, consult directly with the NHTSA Contract Specialist or Program Office personnel when seeking clarification or when providing advice. The Senior Contract Specialist is expected to have an expert understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation. Knowledge and experience in all contract types, from cradle to grave, is critical. The Senior Contract Specialist may also be required to process requirements leading to the award of Cooperative Agreements, Grants, Inter/Intra-Agency Agreements, Simplified Acquisitions, Task Orders (placed either against NHTSA or Government-Wide IDIQ contracts) and modifications to those instruments. The Senior Contract Specialist will be required to process procurement actions through DOT’s automated procurement system, PRISM. The individual will also be required to work with Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, and SharePoint.
The duties of the Senior Contract Specialist include:
• Reviewing procurement requests to ensure full understanding of the program office’s requirements.
• Working with NHTSA Contract Specialist and Program Officer personnel in developing sound acquisition plans.
• Drafting and releasing pre-solicitation documentation (e.g. synopsis, letter of invitation to submit contract proposal or
assistance agreement application);
• Assisting NHTSA Contract Specialist and Program Office Personnel in developing sound technical and cost evaluation plans.
• In collaboration with NHTSA Contact Specialist and Program Office Personnel, developing and drafting Request for Proposals,
Request for Applications, Request for Quotes, and other solicitation documents. Contract solicitation documents shall be in
“FINAL FORM” (e.g. free of typographical and grammatical errors, properly formatted, compliant with the Uniform Contract
Format (UCF) addressed in FAR 15.204-1, inclusive of all current and applicable clauses and provisions, etc.).
• Conducting and documenting review of cost proposals.
• Providing advice to program office personnel on how to conduct and document technical and cost evaluation of proposals.
• Reviewing technical evaluation reports. Based upon results of cost and technical proposal reviews, recommending to the NHTSA
Contracting Officer how to proceed with the contract action.
• Preparing award documents in “FINAL FORM”.
• Performing all post-award duties.
• Ensuring all applicable reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner. This includes:
• Ensuring NHTSA OAM’s Procurement Request Tracker (a SharePoint-based database) has current and accurate information at all
• Ensure actions are processed in PRISM in a timely manner;
• Ensuring information provided in FPDS-NG and USASPENDING is accurate and current;
• Ensuring all ad hoc reporting requirements are completed correctly and within established timeframe.
• Ensure compliance with all administrative, safety, and security requirements established by NHTSA (e.g. NHTSA OAM Policy
Memos, NHTSA Orders, etc.) the U.S. Department of Transportation (e.g. the Transportation Acquisition Regulation,
Transportation Acquisition Manual, other DOT orders, regulations and procedures) and the federal government (e.g. FAR,
various OMB and CFR Circulars and regulations applying to assistance agreements).
• Ensure professional decorum at all times.
Agency: Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Ave SE, Washington DC 20590
Navy Yard Metro (right across the street)
Opening: Immediate Hire
Term: Base and four (4) Option Periods
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Hours: Monday – Friday. Alternate Work Schedule is allowed.
Trust Consulting Services, Inc. (Trust) is a professional services firm with core capabilities in acquisition management, program management, financial management and IT systems and networking.
Trust is a certified 8(a), HUBZone, and SDVOSB business.
We have offices in DC, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, Georgia, and Kansas.