Senior Contract Specialist
Trust Consulting Services, Inc. is a certified 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB firm specializing in Acquisition Management, Program Management, Financial Management, Information Technology and Facility Management in support of state, local and federal agencies. We have an immediate opening for a qualified Senior Contract Specialist who will support the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Vehicle Research and Test Center (VRTC) in East Liberty Ohio.
Organizationally, Senior Contract Specialists fall directly under the supervision of the Contractor’s PM who will provide day to day assignments. The Specialist may, however, consult directly with the NHTSA Contract Specialist or Program Office personnel when seeking clarification or when providing advice. The Senior Contract Specialist is expected to have an expert understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation. Knowledge and experience in all contract types, from cradle to grave, is critical. The Senior Contract Specialist may also be required to process requirements leading to the award of Cooperative Agreements, Grants, Inter/Intra-Agency Agreements, Simplified Acquisitions, Task Orders (placed either against NHTSA or Government-Wide IDIQ contracts) and modifications to those instruments. The Senior Contract Specialist will be required to process procurement actions through DOT’s automated procurement system, PRISM. The individual will also be required to work with Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, and SharePoint.
The duties of the Senior Contract Specialist include:
• Reviewing procurement requests to ensure full understanding of the program office’s requirements.
• Working with NHTSA Contract Specialist and Program Officer personnel in developing sound acquisition plans.
• Drafting and releasing pre-solicitation documentation (e.g. synopsis, letter of invitation to submit contract proposal or
assistance agreement application);
• Assisting NHTSA Contract Specialist and Program Office Personnel in developing sound technical and cost evaluation plans.
• In collaboration with NHTSA Contact Specialist and Program Office Personnel, developing and drafting Request for Proposals,
Request for Applications, Request for Quotes, and other solicitation documents. Contract solicitation documents shall be in
“FINAL FORM” (e.g. free of typographical and grammatical errors, properly formatted, compliant with the Uniform Contract
Format (UCF) addressed in FAR 15.204-1, inclusive of all current and applicable clauses and provisions, etc.).
• Conducting and documenting review of cost proposals.
• Providing advice to program office personnel on how to conduct and document technical and cost evaluation of proposals.
• Reviewing technical evaluation reports. Based upon results of cost and technical proposal reviews, recommending to the NHTSA
Contracting Officer how to proceed with the contract action.
• Preparing award documents in “FINAL FORM”.
• Performing all post-award duties.
• Ensuring all applicable reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner. This includes:
• Ensuring NHTSA OAM’s Procurement Request Tracker (a SharePoint-based database) has current and accurate information at all
• Ensure actions are processed in PRISM in a timely manner;
• Ensuring information provided in FPDS-NG and USASPENDING is accurate and current;
• Ensuring all ad hoc reporting requirements are completed correctly and within established timeframe.
• Ensure compliance with all administrative, safety, and security requirements established by NHTSA (e.g. NHTSA OAM Policy
Memos, NHTSA Orders, etc.) the U.S. Department of Transportation (e.g. the Transportation Acquisition Regulation,
Transportation Acquisition Manual, other DOT orders, regulations and procedures) and the federal government (e.g. FAR,
various OMB and CFR Circulars and regulations applying to assistance agreements).
• Ensure professional decorum at all times.
Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Vehicle Research and Test Center (VRTC)
10820 State Route 347 East Liberty, Ohio 43319
Opening: Immediate Hire
Term: Base and four (4) Option Periods
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Hours: Monday – Friday. Alternate Work Schedule is allowed
At Trust Consulting, we value every employee. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status. We also greatly value military veterans.
Trust Consulting has high expectations for those who join our mission, but we also provide competitive compensation, free skills training or educational reimbursement, and unparalleled workplace flexibility (when available). We also offer a full complement of employee benefits, including:
CareFirst Healthcare Plans
BlueChoice HMO Gold 500
Blue Choice Advantage Gold 1000
BluePreferred PPO Gold 500
AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Programs
Group Accident Insurance
Group Hospital Indemnity
Group Critical Illness Advantage
Group Disability Advantage
Everington Companies and Charles Schwab Perfect401(k) Retirement Plan
Three Investment Plan Options:
Guided Profile- The Everington Company will purchase investments based on your selections from the plan’s core fund options
Fully Managed Profile- Let a Registered Investment Advisor manage your
Self-Directed Profile- Completely manage your own retirement account investments
Flexible Spending Account – TASC
Benefit Program Options:
Healthcare FSA (Maximum Employee Yearly Contribution $2,700)
Dependent Care (Maximum Employee Yearly Contribution $5,000)
Transit (Maximum Employee Monthly Contribution $265)
Parking (Maximum Employee Monthly Contribution $265)
10 Holidays (Company Approved)
FMLA Leave (Must have worked 1,250 hours during a 12-month period to qualify)
Trust Consulting Services, Inc. (Trust) is a professional services firm with core capabilities in acquisition management, program management, financial management and IT systems and networking.
Trust is a certified 8(a), HUBZone, and SDVOSB business.
We have offices in DC, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, Georgia, and Kansas.