PURPOSE:The Payment Center Professional position is in direct contact with our customers. This role is mainly responsible for collecting payments and servicing our customer base from the Denver, Colorado Home Office.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Payment Center Professionals primary responsibility is to accurately deliver exceptional customer service and collect various forms of payments from our customers being serviced at various Distribution Centers across the country. This position is entry level, and requires the availability to either work early mornings, nights, and/or weekends. Starting hourly wage for this position is $12/hr, with additional hourly incentives based on experience and performance; you have the ability to earn up to $13.50/hr to start.
A successful candidate will:
* Enjoy working on the phone with customers, as well as internal staff. * Have excellent customer service skills, especially the ability to be patient and empathetic. * Have the ability to care about customers/colleagues and be a problem solver with a solutions based mindset. * Positive and energetic personality. * Be honest, trustworthy, and accountable when handling customer’s payment information. * Be accountable to balancing their collected payments at the end of each shift.
Essential Job Functions:
* Must be reliable and punctual. We are a small call center, so we depend on each employee to arrive for his or her scheduled shift consistently and on-time. * Have a friendly and polite demeanor over the phone, and ability to control emotions when callers become upset. * Strong verbal and written communication skills. * Ability to multi-task. Mostly talking on the phone while writing and navigating multiple websites on dual computer monitors. * Have neat and legible handwriting. * Ability to answer calls repetitively throughout shift, while maintaining accuracy of payment methods.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Take incoming calls and make outgoing calls to truck drivers and companies to collect payment for deliveries made at warehouses. * Accurately and completely write out physical paper checks and process credit/debit card payments. * Use critical thinking skills and ask open-ended inquisitive questions to help resolve the caller’s issue. * Responsible for keeping track and turning in payments to Payment Center Management at the end of your shift. 100% of payments collected must be accounted and reconciled.
Other Qualifications & Requirements:
* Customer service or call center experience highly preferred, but not required. * High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. * Collections or cash handling experience is a huge plus, but not required. * Bi-lingual in Spanish is highly preferred.
* Flexible scheduling.Part-Time and Full-Time shifts available for days, mid-shift, evenings, and graveyards. * Differential pay for overnight shifts and bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) employees. * On the job training in a call center environment. Learn by doing. * Ability to advance to additional call types that offer additional compensation. * Eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits after 60 days of Full-Time employment.