SUMMARY: This individual will be responsible for unloading shipping containers and unloading trailers for warehouse storage. Responsibilities include accurately and safely separating cases and placing them on pallets for all inbound freight in an efficient manner and ensure that all products are free of damage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to take Supervisor instructions to help determine work assignments or materials and
• Record number of units handled or moved, using inventory lists and receiving instructions.
• Ability to move freight on pallets to storage facility from moving trucks into warehouse using an
electric pallet jack.
• Ability to break down containers of freight using box cutter and restack individual boxes if
required by receiver instructions.
• Ability to rewrap new pallets of freight after breakdown for safe storage in warehouse.
• Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job including frequent lifting, bending, pulling, walking, and constantly getting on and off the electric pallet, while performing all functions in a safe manner.
• Ability to read customer labels to accurately select the product the customer ordered.
• Ability to build pallets that are neat and organized to minimize the risk of damaging product, and also enable other warehouse operators to work efficiently.
• Properly handle all products in accordance with food safety and warehouse safety guidelines.
• Keep assigned areas clean throughout and at the end of shift.
OTHER DUTIES include the following:
• Perform pre-shift check on equipment assigned. Report any defects to immediate supervisor
• Trench worker, willing and ready to work in other departments as assigned by Supervisor
• Organizes work in a structured and well planned manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Results oriented, high achiever and performer
• Strives for maximum customer service levels
• Ability to work with others within a cohesive team
• Good communicator
• Able to obtain and maintain a valid pallet jack certification
• Must have a positive attitude, remain flexible, and adaptable at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 1 year of Electric Pallet Jack, highly preferred
• 1 year experience in a warehouse environment highly preferred
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
• Ability to continuously bend, pull, and walk
• Ability to get on and off the electric pallet
• Ability to work in a loud, fast-paced environment with close proximity to other people
• Ability to work in cold and/or dry environment, or any combination of both throughout the shift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loud, sometimes cold, hot warehouse environment.
• Work hours/Shifts: TBD by Manager
• Equipment used: Forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker, box cutter, wrap rolls, tape, etc.
• Possible long hours, up to 12 hours
• Possible weekend shift to be scheduled, per business needs