SUMMARY: This individual will be responsible for clearing out shipping containers from trailers, unloading trailers for warehouse storage, and thoroughly cleaning trailers in preparation for next use by our customer. Responsibilities include safely removing empty pallets from trailers, stacking pallets, operating a bale machine, and keeping trailers and work environment clean and clear of debris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to follow instructions provided by Lead/Supervisor to complete task to completion.
• Ability to operate bale machine safely and efficiently for cardboard and plastic breakdown that is removed from trailers.
• Ability to repeatedly throw bundles of plastic/cardboard over head into bale machine throughout the shift.
• Tie bale wires when the bale load has been completed.
• Removing bale from machine and then transporting to the necessary dock door to be loaded onto a designated bale trailer.
• Ability to move freight on pallets to storage facility from moving trucks into warehouse using an
electric pallet jack.
• Ability to break down freight using box cutter and restack individual boxes if required by receiver instructions.
• Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job including frequent lifting, bending, pulling, walking, constantly getting on and off the electric pallet, etc.
• Ability to work in an outside environment, sometimes not covered, and in hot or cold temperatures.
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs to 50lbs, repeatedly and throughout shift.
• Thoroughly clean trailers by sweeping, mopping, and sometimes using a pressure washer.
• Ability to stand, walk, move on and off pallet jack frequently, and safely operate an electric pallet jack throughout shift.
• Ability to stack pallets being removed from the trailer with electric pallet jack, ensure that are neat and organized to minimize the risk of damaging product or property.
OTHER DUTIES include the following:
• Perform pre-shift equipment check on equipment assigned. Report any defects to immediate supervisor.
• Record number of units handled or cleaned, while understanding which trailers still need to be cleared.
• Must have a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
• Ensuring distribution center is kept clean and organized.
• Adhering to safety, pallet jack, and food safety standards.
• Properly handle all products in accordance with food safety and warehouse safety guidelines.
• Clean assigned area at the end of her/his shift.
• Assumes other related duties as assigned
• High achiever/performer-strive for maximum service needs
• Results oriented
• Trench worker willing and ready to perform any job necessary
• Planner-manages time well
• Ability to work as a team member-works as a co-worker
• Communicator- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
• Warehouse experience helpful but not necessary
• Able to obtain certification on a pallet jack
• Knowledge of electric pallet jacks and forklifts.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good time management skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 1 year of Electric Pallet Jack, highly preferred.
• 1 year of Lumping in a grocery warehouse environment highly preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
• Ability to continuously bend, pull and walk
• Ability to get on and off the electric pallet/forklift
• Ability to read and understand basic English
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loud, sometimes cold, hot outdoor and warehouse environment.
• Work hours/Shifts: 6am - 2:30pm, 2:00pm - 10:30pm and 10pm - 6:30am
• Equipment used: Electric pallet jack, forklift, pressure washer
• Possible long hours, up to 12 hours
• Must be able to work weekends.