Janitorial does a bit of everything to keep businesses running cleanly and smoothly. Work to make sure that all types of buildings are neat, clean, free from clutter and safe. Janitors spend their days picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors, cleaning and stocking bathrooms. In addition, might run errands for employees, deliver items, move stock, or anything else that employees might need.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting and sanitation of warehouse offices, aisles, restrooms, hallways, outside, bathrooms break rooms etc.
* Follow all sanitation work logs, dump loss logs.
* Perform deep cleaning on all old spills, pick slots and racks.
* Respond to spills and debris clean up as necessary.
* Maintain high sanitation levels and at all times report safety sanitation issues.
* Maintain radio contact at all times.
* Keep compactor and baler doors closed during and after shift.
* Keep all emergency exits and exit tunnel clear and free from debris.
* Keep hopper clean, fully supplied, dirty water dumped and kept in rack station when not in used.
* Separate cardboard slip-sheets from all other trash manage recyclable items.
* Separate metal objects from all other trash and dispose of in scrap metal bin in maintenance.
* Keep floor free of all debris.
* Empty trash cans as needed and replace all trash bags, all trash cans with exposed product or trash must be emptied daily.
* Keep area around shrink-wrap free of trash. Keep area around water station free of spills.
* Mop any empty floor slots.
* Keep warehouse free of rodent droppings and spider web. If you find droppings or see rodents, report it to your supervisor immediately.
OTHER DUTIES:include the following:
* Ensuring distribution center is kept clean and organized.
* Adhering to safety, pallet jack, and food safety standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interpersonal Skills: Many janitorial employees work during regular office hours, while company employees are working. Being friendly and pleasant is a quality one must possess.
Mechanical Skills: Need to understand how to work industrial equipment like floor buffers, industrial floor washers.
Have a good understanding of what chemicals to use during a spill clean-up
Strength and Stamina: You will need to lift heavy objects and spend most of your time on your feet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loud and cold/freezerwarehouse environment.
* Work hours/Shifts: TBD by Manager and site location.
* Equipment used: Hopper, Sweeper, Electric Pallet Jack.
* Ability to work in a Cold/Freezerstorage environment.
* Electric Pallet Jack Experience a must!
* Temp-to-Hire Position.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION:
* Schedule: 6:00am-2:30pm, 10:00pm-6:30am.
* Must be able to work weekends
* Pay Rate: $12 an hour
* If you feel you meet the above qualifications we want to see your resume and talk to you!
Learn more about us by checking out our website: www.uchaininc.com