Job Title: Order Selector
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for selecting product from ground pick slots, will help build structurally sound pallets with product selected for customer deliveries, and will use a Raymond Ride on Pallet Jack to help select product(s) throughout the distribution facility: fresh foods, frozen foods, dry goods, meat, and/or produce. We are asking that interested candidates possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and have a strong desire to be detail-oriented. Candidates must be team players who can work productively in a diverse environment and elevate the team functionality in a warehouse environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job including frequent lifting, bending, pulling, walking, constantly getting on and off the electric pallet, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs, repeatedly and throughout shift.
• Ability to stand, walk, move on and off pallet jack frequently, and safely operate an electric pallet jack throughout shift.
• Ability to read customer labels to accurately select the product the customer ordered.
• Ability to build pallets that are neat and organized to minimize the risk of damaging product, and also enable our drivers to unload efficiently.
• Properly handle all products in accordance with food safety and warehouse safety guidelines.
• Cleans assigned area at the end of her/his shift.
OTHER DUTIES include the following:
• Perform pre-shift equipment check on equipment assigned. Report any defects to immediate supervisor.
• Order selection via paper.
• Must have a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
• Ensuring distribution center is kept clean and organized.
• Adhering to safety, pallet jack, and food safety standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Assumes other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of electric pallet jacks and forklifts.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good math skills.
• Good time management skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 1 year ELP, highly preferred.
• 1 year Order Selecting in a grocery warehouse environment highly preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loud, sometimes cold, warehouse environment.
• Work hours/Shifts: TBD by Manager
• Equipment used: Forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker
• Valid Driver’s License highly preferred