SUMMARY: This individual will be responsible for helping keep Operations facilities clean, clear of clutter and debris, and contributing to a safe work environment by helping provide a neat and sanitary workspace for everyone. Responsibilities can include, but are not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and/or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean warehouse floors and specific departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to follow instructions provided by Lead/Supervisor to execute tasks to completion.
• Ability to operate bale machine safely and efficiently for cardboard and plastic breakdown that are collected throughout the warehouse.
• Ability to frequently throw plastic/cardboard over head into bale machine throughout the shift.
• Ability to tie bale wires when the bale load has been completed.
• Removing bale from machine and then transporting to the ARC department.
• Perform deep cleaning on all spills, pick slots, and racks.
• Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job including frequent lifting, bending, pulling, walking, constantly getting on and off the electric pallet, etc.
• Ability to work in an inside or outside environment, sometimes not covered, and in hot or cold temperatures.
• Ability to lift up to 35lbs, repeatedly and throughout shift.
• Thoroughly clean operation warehouse areas by sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing work areas.
OTHER DUTIES include the following:
• Perform pre-shift check on equipment assigned. Report any defects to immediate supervisor.
• Must have a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
• Follow all sanitation work logs and standard operating procedures.
• Ensuring distribution center is kept clean and organized.
• Keep hopper clean, fully supplied, dirty water emptied.
• Separate cardboard slip-sheets from all other trash, manage recyclable items.
• Empty trash cans as needed and replace trash bags.
• Keep all emergency exits, open areas, and other doorways clear and free of debris.
• Properly handle all products in accordance with food safety and warehouse safety guidelines.
• Complete end of shift paperwork and sign-off logs during shift
• Assumes other related duties as assigned
• Must be at least 18 years old
• High achiever/performer-strive for maximum service needs
• Results oriented, dependable, and accountable
• Trench worker, willing and ready to perform any job necessary
• Ability to work as a team member-works and follow directions
• Able to obtain and maintain certification on a pallet jack
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good time management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 1 year of Sanitation experience preferred, but not necessary
• 1 year in a grocery warehouse environment highly preferred
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
• Ability to continuously bend, pull, lift, and walk
• Ability to get on and off the electric pallet
• Ability to work with various cleaning chemicals as needed, full list of chemicals in use can be provided by management
• Ability to work in cold and/or dry environment, or any combination of both throughout the shift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loud, sometimes cold, hot outdoor and warehouse environment.
• Work hours/Shifts: 2:00pm - 10:30pm and 10:00pm - 6:30am
• Equipment used: Electric pallet jack, hopper, ride-on scrubbers, outside sweepers, pressure washer
• Possible long hours, up to 12 hours
• Must be able to work weekends.