Universal Chain, Inc. is the warehouse industry’s finest provider of Freight/Material Handler, Lumper Unloader services in California area. We specialize in providing manual labor for shipping and receiving operations for the last 40 years. Our Core Values pave the way for success with Integrity, Respect for People, Quality, and Safety being at the forefront of everything we do. We’re different from the rest because we care about our employees, treat them like people (not numbers), and reward them for their hard work by offering the most competitive pay programs.
We are looking to offer positions to individuals who believe in teamwork, being punctual and have a positive attitude.
Job Purpose: Assist inbound carriers to check into the warehousing facility to deliver freight. Main responsibility is to maintain a good traffic flow and communication with the warehouse to ensure deliveries are unloaded in a timely manner.
· Maintain a positive and helpful manner when checking in carriers.
· Maintain a good working relationship with the warehouse personnel. Any special requests should be complied with as soon as the needs can be met, if possible, and relayed to the On-site Manager immediately.
· Handle difficult situations with tact, referring the customer to the On-site Manager if necessary.
· Maintain flow of trucks to the dock, coordinating with truck driver, dock supervisor and warehouse receivers, if necessary, by radio or phone.
· Advise the Receiving Manager of any information required. It is essential to maintain the flow of information.
· Checks the carrier into the facility, initiating the Truck Control Ticket. Verifies the PO’s, checks the bill account against the warehouse provided list of approved PO’s, and directs the flow of traffic into the warehouse.
· Required to maintain a working knowledge of the various accounts, i.e., vendors that bill to their own accounts, requirements for a warehouse billing account.
· Maintain all communications equipment. Advise the Receiving Manager when replacements are necessary.
· Obtain and maintain all necessary supplies to ensure the smooth operation during the work shift. This includes office supplies, cleaning materials required, rate schedules, etc.
· High achiever/performer-strive for maximum service needs
· Candidates must be 18 years or older
· Results oriented
· Trench worker willing and ready to perform any job necessary
· Planner-manages time well
· Ability to work as a team member-works as a co-worker
· Communicator- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
· Warehouse experience helpful but not necessary.
· PM shift - operates from 5:00pm to completion (1:30am to 2:00am usually), with a 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute break
· $15.50 per hour
If you feel you meet the above qualifications, we want to speak to you!
Learn more about us by visiting: www.uchaininc.com