Valdez Construction, Inc. is a general contracting company based in Oak Harbor, WA. Our company specializes in commercial, federal and public works contracting in the Pacific Northwest Region. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team. We offer competitive benefits, continuing education and opportunity for advancement.
Project Manager Job Duties:
• Provides centralized leadership and guidance at the project level on a continuing basis for the completion of all project activities.
• Uses resources within and outside the organization to accomplish responsibilities in the most effective manner.
• Develops a team atmosphere and promotes partnering concepts in coordination of and performance of work activities.
• Manage the overall effort on the project for conformance to scope, schedule, budget, quality and safety. This includes project scheduling, job cost forecasting and submittal review.
• Identifies and evaluates problems on the project and initiates corrective action necessary.
• Identifies, negotiates and processes contract change orders.
• Administers the project contract to ensure performance in accordance with the contract requirements.
• Performs subcontract administration responsibilities including negotiating agreements, writing subcontracts, procurement of materials, processing of change orders, etc.
• Performs contract closeout assuring all cost issues are properly and promptly addressed, As-Builts are completed, O&M Manuals are submitted, etc.
Project Manager Skills and Desired Qualifications:
• Minimum five years of experience in Construction Project Management with demonstrated management of projects in excess of five million dollars in value.
• Estimating, scheduling, and project planning experience.
• Experience with scheduling software, Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Blue Beam.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Motivated, self-starter who wants to seek growth, knowledge and challenges.
• Must be extremely organized and exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
Salary range - $100,000-$130,000 per year DOE.
Paid Vacation / Holidays
Simple IRA Retirement Plan
Potential for remote work
Deadline open until filled.
Valdez Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Valdez Construction, Inc. is a full-service general contracting company that has been in operation since 1999. We have earned a reputation in the construction industry for providing high-quality and efficient construction services. In addition to general contracting services, Valdez Construction specializes in and self performs all heavy civil construction services.