Valdez Construction, Inc. is a growing, employee-owned, full-service general contracting company based in Oak Harbor, WA. Our projects vary in size and complexity, and because of our exemplary past performance, we are the client's choice to perform multiple complex projects. We believe in building long-term relationships with our employees, clients and our partners. With our ability to self-perform many aspects of our construction projects, we have a distinct advantage over our competition.
We are looking for experienced, motivated, hard-working and responsible Project Managers that want to become employee-owners. We also offer competitive pay, benefits and opportunities for advancement along with a hybrid schedule. All eligible employees become an owner through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Project Manager for commercial construction projects ranging from $2M to $10M. The Project Manager is responsible to manage the overall effort on the project for conformance to scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety and owner expectations.
· Provides centralized leadership and guidance at the project level on a continuing basis for the completion of all project activities.
· Uses resources within and outside the organization to accomplish responsibilities in the most effective manner.
· Develops a team atmosphere and promotes partnering concepts in coordination of and performance of work activities.
· Project scheduling, job cost forecasting and submittal review.
· Identifies and evaluates problems on the project and initiates necessary corrective action.
· Administers the project contract to ensure performance in accordance with the contract requirements.
· Performs subcontract administration responsibilities including negotiating agreements, writing subcontracts, procurement of materials and processing of change orders.
· Performs contract closeout assuring all costs issues are properly and promptly addressed, as-builts are completed, O&M manuals are submitted, and any other contract requirements are completed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum five years of experience in commercial construction Project Management with demonstrated management of projects in excess of five million dollars in value.
· Estimating, scheduling and project planning experience.
· Experience with scheduling software, Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Bluebeam.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Motivated, self-starter who wants to seek growth, knowledge and challenges.
· Must be extremely organize and exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
· Ability and desire to train and support other team members.
· Clean driving Record and Valid Driver’s License
· Legal U.S. Working Status
· Monday through Friday
· 8-hour days (start and end times can vary slightly by project)
· Occasional night or weekend work may be required depending on the project
· Hybrid schedule available
· Salary Range $110,000 - $120,000 D.O.E
· Paid Time Off starting at 10 days a year
· 401K Plan with 3% employer match
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Valdez Construction, Inc. is a full-service general contracting company that has been in operation since 1999. We have earned a reputation in the construction industry for providing high-quality and efficient construction services. In addition to general contracting services, Valdez Construction specializes in and self performs all heavy civil construction services.