Valdez Construction, Inc. is a growing, employee-owned, full-service general contracting company based in Oak Harbor, WA. Our projects vary in size and complexity, and because of our exemplary past performance we are the client's choice to perform multiple complex projects We believe in building long-term relationships with our employees, clients and our partners. With our ability to self-perform many aspects of our construction projects, we have a distinct advantage over our competition.
We are looking for experienced, motivated, hard-working and responsible Superintendents that want to become employee-owners. We also offer competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities for advancement along with a hybrid schedule. All eligible employees become an owner through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We are looking for an experienced commercial project Superintendent to coordinate all field construction activities. The Superintendent is responsible for developing and implementing the site-specific safety plans, performing daily quality control and safety inspections, and producing the daily construction status reports. They will identify potential problems, issue appropriate documentation, and recommend solutions. The Superintendent will manage employees and subcontractors to maximize production to finish the project on time and within budget.
· Responsible to protect and promote the interest of Valdez Construction, Inc. in all matters
· Assist in early stages of project planning and scheduling
· Be proactive in the identification of potential problems and recommend solutions
· Provide centralized leadership and guidance at project level
· Use resources within and outside the organization to execute duties in an effective manner
· Keep Project Managers informed on status of projects
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Knowledgeable in all construction trades
· Motivated, self-starter who wants to seek growth, knowledge and challenges
· Leadership skills with prior experience leading construction crews
· Knowledge of workplace safety, safe lifting and material handling procedures
· Knowledge of how to read and follow blueprints, building plans and as-builts
· Knowledge of safe operation of construction equipment, hand and power tools
· Monday through Friday
· 8-hour days (start and end times can vary slightly by project)
· Occasional night or weekend work may be required depending on the project
· Salary Range $90,000 - $115,000 D.O.E
· Paid Time Off starting at 10 days a year
· 401K Plan with 3% employer match
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Valdez Construction, Inc. is a full-service general contracting company that has been in operation since 1999. We have earned a reputation in the construction industry for providing high-quality and efficient construction services. In addition to general contracting services, Valdez Construction specializes in and self performs all heavy civil construction services.