Valdez Construction, Inc. is a general contracting company based in Oak Harbor, WA. Our company specializes in Federal Government contracting and currently has contracts with multiple agencies in the Pacific Northwest Region. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team.
• Responsible to protect and promote the interest of Valdez Construction, Inc. in all matters.
• Assist in early stages of project planning and scheduling.
• Be proactive in the identification of potential problems and recommend solutions.
• Provide centralized leadership and guidance at project level.
• Use resources within and outside the organization to execute duties in an effective manner.
• Keep managers informed on status of projects.
• Committed to safety and care of all on the construction site.
• Presides over construction meetings held on site and is effective communicator.
• Accepts leadership role and responsible and accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes.
• Valdez Construction, Inc. is committed to customer service. Applicant must be able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; and solicit customer feedback to improve service and create dynamic team-building experiences.
• Participate in preconstruction meeting, partnering and construction meetings.
• Maintain quality control for and inspect all work performed under the contract(s).
• Develop and implement Site Specific Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan, other submittals as required.
• Maintain submittal log and as-built drawings on site.
• Maintain testing plan and log and ensure all testing is performed per Contract requirements.
• Maintain deficiency log on site, if required.
• Perform daily Quality Control and Safety Inspections.
• Prepare daily Quality Control Reports and Contractor Production Reports.
• Conduct biweekly Quality Control meetings with the Superintendent and Government Team.
• Must have strong subcontractor management skills and ability to manage numerous subcontractors at the same time. Able to ensure all subcontractors are fully complying to their scope-of-work and contract.
• Identify potential problems, issue appropriate documentation and recommend solutions.
• Perform Punch-out and Pre-final inspections, and participate in Final Inspections. Ensure deficiencies are corrected prior to further inspections.
• Ensure operation and maintenance manuals, warranty certificates, as-built drawings, keys and other items required by the Contract are submitted to the Contracting Officer.
• Manage employees and subcontractors to maximize production.
• Knowledgeable in all construction trades.
• Fluent English communication skills.
• Motivated, self-starter who wants to seek growth, knowledge, and challenges.
• Be willing to relocate or commute within the greater Puget Sound region of Washington state. Occasional projects may require extended travel to other areas in the Pacific Northwest.
• Must be able to pass basic security background check for access to government locations and private facilities.
• NAVFAC Construction Quality Management Training for Contractors (CQM Training) and maintain a current certificate.
• Familiar with Requirements of USACE EM 385-1-1 and experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS .
• 5+ years of demonstrated (verifiable) combined experience as a Superintendent, Quality Control Manager, Project Manager or Project Engineer on large scale construction contracts.
• 2+ years of demonstrated (verifiable) experience as a Quality Control Manager.
• Federal Contracting experience is highly desirable
• Experience with Outlook, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word.
• Salary Range $80,000 - $100,000 D.O.E
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Simple IRA Retirement Plan
Valdez Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Valdez Construction, Inc. is a full service general contracting company which has been in operation since 1999. We have earned a reputation in the construction industry for providing high quality and efficient construction services. In addition to general contracting services, Valdez Construction specializes in and self performs all heavy civil construction services.